Black People : I'm catchin the Heebie Jeebies

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Jahari Kavi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    Okay recently I've been trying to stray away from pharmaceutical medicine, but I think I came down with something last night and I need a fix. I've already drank some herbal tea for the immune system this morning, but I'm about to breakdown and get my "Sudafed" on....I have a slightly sore throat, I got some chills, and my body is beginning to ache just a tad..........does anyone have any suggestions?????

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    i don't even take pills

my suggestion

let your body do its' work unless you can't move then that would be a problem

relax if you can drink your tea and in a couple of days you'll be fine

trust me

the body will cleanse itself

don't look for a quick fix let the body heal and you we be brand new AGAIN

:qqb014::congrats:

3. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I guess this means I need to stay home 2nite instead of hangin wit the fellas.................

4. OnTyme

OnTyme Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    drink a lot of fluids with sugar like juices, don't eat to much because it takes energy to break it down, and sweat (turn up the heat, wrap up in a lot of clothes and let the fever break) or do a quick workout...if you have mucous and it is clear don't take meds. if your mucous is green or yellow, give it a 2 -3 days, and then you may need to take antibiotics...remember antibiotics are natural, they are produced by plants (fungi) that kill bacteria. hope you feel better.

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    That sounds like the flu. Hows your temperature?

Lots of fluid, hot tea and soup can help for the chills. For the sore throat you can try cutting a lemon in half...mix some honey in it...and bon aparte.

I too hate the idea of adding alot of medication to my system, but watch yourself. Let someone else know your not feeling well also, and if it appears to be getting worst...get yourself to the doctors immediately. With all this new stop popping up and making us sick, its best to amongst someone who can treat you right away.

:heart:

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.

Sometimes being with someone you really care about in a familiar environment can help the body heal.

I remember twenty years ago after I moved into my first apartment I came down with what seemed life the flu. I was alone and trying to nurse myself back to health. All wrapped up with a tv tray full of chicken soup, orange juice, vick's vapor rub, aspiron, alcohol, horse leniment, Bob Hutchins Do It All Anti Ailment Ointment, everything. Finally I called my mom. She came and got me and as soon as I hit my old bed in my old room I felt better.

7. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Here is what I do

Whenever I get sick like that, I drink Echinacea and Golden Seal Tea, 3 to 4 times a day hot as u can stand it. I eat plenty of Chicken Noodle Soup and intake lots of water. If that takes 2 long, I resort 2 adding a little whiskey 2 the tea and rub vicks vapor rub on my chest and throat.Get under as many covers as I can find a sweat like a pig. I dont use conventional medicine because it weakens ur bodies natural defenses.

Peace

8. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    yeah I think I sweated it out last night...I broke down and took some meds cause my body was in that much pain...but I'm feelin much better this morning..........I don't know if I had some kinda 24 hour flu bug or if I got food poisoning from this fish wrap I ate on Friday afternoon..........I wasn't really congested, so that made me think it might have been the food.........but thanks for all the advice everyone........I'll make sure to use it in the future when I get sick..............

9. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    hey Jahari, glad you are feeling better. I wasn't going to post a non-natural remedy (just flowin with how the thread was runnin) but since you took meds, anyway....for the next time.....Airborne (take at the first hint of sickness) it works! Also I swear by Vicks also; it's good for every thing from chest cold to athletes foot!

10. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    i think my body has grown used to vicks over the years, because I've used it so much, lol..........I've taken Airborne a couple of times before, but I haven't done it at all this winter season................