Black Travel : "I'm Black and I Travel!" is...

Well, I travel also. This year, I have traveled the most that I have in my entire life. My only regret is that I had to cancel my trip to Togo. But I don't meet many "Black" folks who seem adverse to traveling. They just have problems with cost. I meet a nice Jamaican couple in Rome this year and a brotha from Las Vegas there too. I run into a lot of "Black" folks when I am. I remember once in Russia, this brotha picked me out of a crowd. He just wanted to talk with another "Black" man. Russia is kind of rough on Africans.

Well, I travel also. This year, I have traveled the most that I have in my entire life. My only regret is that I had to cancel my trip to Togo. But I don't meet many "Black" folks who seem adverse to traveling. They just have problems with cost. I meet a nice Jamaican couple in Rome this year and a brotha from Las Vegas there too. I run into a lot of "Black" folks when I am. I remember once in Russia, this brotha picked me out of a crowd. He just wanted to talk with another "Black" man. Russia is kind of rough on Africans.
I didnt' know that russia was rough on blacks. I really need to get out and travel and learn more about the world.

I do love to take trips by Amtrak, I have a bunch of older cousins, aunts & uncles who hold various positions in the operating department like engineers, conductors, cabin car attendants, terminal clerks, hostlers & policemen. Since I'm not considered an immediate family member like a sister or daughter I'm not eligible for Amtrak/BLET family pass privileges but if the on board conductor doesn't mind which they never do I always get free accommodations, I used to get to officially ride in the engine all the time up until post 9/11 but if the conductor or engineer is one of my family members there is no problem, to date I've pretty much covered every line in every division in every region except the California Surf Line & a few of the Pacific Northwest Regionals that connect with VIA into Canada. I also have relatives that work for MTA-Eastern & Northern Divisions, New Jersey Transit, MTA-New York City Subway, PATH, Septa, CSL, VRE, PATCO, WAMTA & MBTA. I'm presently attending NYU for a Law degree but lately with the phenomenal pay scales & raises AMTRAK, the commuter rails & the Class I's like UP, CSX & NS have been awarded I'm seriously thinking I want to disenroll from college & pursue a lucrative career in passenger service railroading, preferably as an engineer or hostler since these trains like the Acela trainset & the new Siemans ACS-64 powered trainsets are now attaining sustained speeds of up to 180 miles per hour on most portions of AMTRAKS NEC between Boston & Washington DC & the Harrisburg Branch that travels West from Philadelphia's Zoo Interlocking in North Philadelphia. I used to fly exclusively by jet to various cities in America, Central & South America, the entire Caribbean basin (Except Haiti & Cuba) Aruba & the Bahamas, I don't fly much anymore since 9/11 except I am planning to fly to CUBA with my mom & dad since before President Obama lifted the long standing embargo only my mom could fly directly to Cuba. My only other destinations of interest & desire are Japan, England, France, Spain, Russia, India & The German Democratic Republic. I only wish to visit these countries because they posses most of the world fastest high speed railroads. I love trains, my mom tells me railroading is probably in my blood because a whole lot on my older generation have been porters, cooks, cabin attendants, baggage handlers, terminal clerks, platform laborers, passenger service assistants & car cleaners for the railroads a long time ago, all aboard the Soul Train, choo choo, ha ha ha, lol.

I like traveling but finances are tight these days and i prefer to save for my future and family.

But one day maybe in a few years i hope to travel all over the world and do some awesome stuff.
I have travelled to England, New Jersey, Florida and St. Kitts. My desire would be to visit Africa one day.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back