Black Poetry : I'm Being Left Out

Heartfelt

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 10, 2003
Nunya Bidness, New York
Occupation
Livin' and lovin' and doin' my thang
Time is quickly passing us by and we don't converse in the manner that we used to
I wanted to wait until the day I met you in person, but your feelings have been forever changing and, like you used to be, I'm confused too
Since the very first time we began talking, there was something about you that captivated me
I didn't know what it was, but I was hoping to stick around to eventually find out what it could be
There have been times when I would sit and think about you and I
The future we could have and how we could spend each day of our lives
Those thoughts that, at one time, floated around in my brain haven't been lost
I'm trying to keep them alive in me at all costs
I often feel helpless because I can't be the one to influence any of your decisions
But I see you have your own life and you're trying to fulfill your own mission

Truthfully, I HATE the change that you now possess
And yes because it's not about me and only, seems it always has been, about someone else
Everytime you confirm my internal allegations of engaging in another relationship
My heart stops and I seem about ready to flip
It seems you don't understand how jealous I get when I know that I can't be with you and someone else is
Why did you metamorphose, transform your feelings, and leave me stranded like this?
I hurt, and the pain is emotional
I never strayed because, to you, my love was always devotional
I don't know what's in store for my future
But when I contemplate things, I see that I was never on your mind...just her

Heartfelt.. Spring follows Winter. Then it heats up in the summer. All for a reason. A season of ever change is love. It doesn't take in account your age. race. sex or place. it just takes and gives as it moves thru. Flow with what you have. Miss what you don't. But never give up on Love. I feel the heart strings that connected years ago, and they keep coming back. It feels good. It re-assures me that I had it all. Still got it and could get it if I wanted it. Some love comes and never leaves. Be it bad love. good love. It comes. Only the good should remain. I can count on one hand those that touched me the most. I had no salon swinging door on my life. But those that kicked it in remain.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back