Black Men : I'm A Misogynist And A Homophobic (what Does That Make Me)?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Destee, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I just saw this video and am moved to share it with you all.

I realize that it has the potential to lead to disruption here, but i'm hoping we can have the discussion without that.

If not, i'll close the thread.

My thots on the video ... the Brother is really sad ... my heart goes out to him ... not to have any woman in his life that he feels he can love or trust ... not even his Momma or his Sisters he said.

It's funnee that it was an old white woman he was gett'n with, that called the police on him this last time ... at least he's honest.

The way he talks, tells his story, you gotta know there's another side ... at the very least, his Momma and Sister's side ... we just aint hear'n that.

In addition, in his very title and throughout the video, he admits the correlation that i've always noted ... the close association of Black Men hating (Black) Women and being homosexual ... he demonstrates the clear and palpable struggle inside his own self regarding the pull of that energy on him. He talks about how he's not done it yet, won't do it, can't do it ... be homosexual ... but he thinks of it often and intensely.

I think it's good he posted this, get it outside of himself, maybe someone can help him with it.

What is a man that hates women but does not want to be homosexual? What would you call it?

Mr. Neely Fuller calls it maximum sophisticated confusion ... i just call it sad.

Brothers ... be careful ... for one thing leads to the next ... and hating (Black) women leads to a dead end ... no pun intended.

Family ... please ... let's discuss respectfully ... i know we can do it ... no matter what the topic is.

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

2. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    It makes him a homosexual....If he thought about it and he hates women yes that makes him a homosexual. Most people who have a deep seated hatred for homos really are homos themselves. This man appears to suffer from deep emotional disturbance. He really is sad I wonder what his relationship is with his mother. Its really sad because mothers need to really need to understand that we are the first teachers and sometimes we can do so much damage to our boys so easily without understanding what were doing when and how we do it...The bottom line is if you do right by your kids theres a 90% chance they will turn out alright and if you dont well you know they will be scared in some way or another for life no matter how well they turn out...

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683

I agree Sister ... and also wondered ... what was his relationship like with his Mother, growing up, all of that.

The thing is though, once a child reaches adulthood, they can't keep blaming their parents for what happened years ago.

I mean, they can, but it's probably not the healthiest route, and may lead to what we're witnessing in this video.

All of us had something happen to us when we were children, that we did not like, would not want to visit on our own children.

That's what we have to do with that, make sure it stops with us, protect our children, do better than our parents, all of that.

To whine and cry about what yo' Momma and Daddy didn't do for you, and you're a grown man / woman, is indicative of deeper issues.

In addition, aint no tell'n what the Momma and Daddy had to go thru, what their issues were, and of course the children feel that.

We all got some of that ... but it has to stop at some point ... and what better place than with you, me, him, and all of us.

I'm reluctant to say he's a homosexual, since he says he's not had sex with a man yet, but my Son said the same as you.

If he's thinking all hard on it, contemplating it, weighing the pros and cons ... well ... it's problee just a matter of time.

Any Brother that hates (Black) women, have nothing good to say about us, is backing it up into that same corner.

Love You and Thanks For Sharing!

Destee

4. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I agree. The thing is people have to get help and unfortunately the psychiatric community in this country cannot provide the kind of help necessary to black men and women until they deal with their own racist issues and their part in the destruction of an entire community or world for that matter but I digress. Oddly enough one area that is doing a whole lot to discover how parental behavior affect children and their futures is criminal psychology. I watch alot of those shows on discovery regarding serial killers and rapists and the one thing almost all have in common is that they were abused in some extreme way as children causing a deeply severe emotional disturbance and or trauma to the head.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683

I absolutely agree with you.

I think it's interesting though, that those who have resources for such studies ... the impact of trauma in a child's life ... have reported little on the impact of racism in the same lives. I'd venture to say that we've had parents longer than we've had racism, and there was a time when such studies were unheard of, but now they are all the rage, at the root of all the evil ... so we're told.

Imagine if the traumas of childhood is the more normal piece, and the trauma of racism is the piece that sends the children over the edge.

If true, the tail is wagging the dog, but we'll never know ... 'cause they aint study'n (or aint tell'n us yet) what racism does to the psyche.

It's way krazee ... maximized confusion.

Love You!

Destee

6. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I am loving this post...I can't wait to hear the brothers opinions on this...:grouphug:

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    sigh

Uh,...,this is a biiiiig stretch. There is no data to back this up

8. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Why would you need data when he said more than twice in the video that he hated women and thought about "going that way" i.e becoming gay...**** does he need to spell it out for you???

9. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Homophobia is sometimes due to repress deep seated homosexual tendencies. I've heard stories of homophobic people turning into full blown gays overnight.
    The idea of having sex with a man repulses me but that doesn't mean I hate gays. To me it's natural. I can only have sex with somebody of the opposite gender.
    Gays can be very interesting individuals and great friends who go out of their way to help you. Obviously they'll be attracted to you but you have to make it clear that you yourself are not gay.

10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

Thinking about killing someone doesnt make you a murderer