Black People Politics : Illinois state lawmaker has meltdown on House floor: ‘Let my people go!’

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, May 30, 2012.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Well, well, well... the times are a changing. Is he Moses or what, lol?

[​IMG]

CHICAGO – Lawmakers around the country have gone on some impressive rants in …

Illinois state lawmaker has meltdown on House floor: ‘Let my people go!’

Republican Mike Bost says he was simply protesting changes made to a proposed pension bill offered by House Speaker Michael Madigan, a Democrat. The bill had recently cleared a House committee and has been endorsed by Gov. Pat Quinn.

"You should be ashamed of yourselves! I'm sick of it!" Bost said. "Every year! We give power to one person! It was not made that way in the Constitution! He was around when it was written! Now we give him—we've passed rules that stop each one of us! Enough! I feel like somebody trying to be released from Egypt! Let my people go!"
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/...eltdown-house-floor-let-people-194225738.html

Peace In,

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Hmph....He got some nerve.

“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” - Frederick Douglass

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Yep, Yep, we on a wanton course, lol... Thank God for Frederick Douglass.

Peace In,