Black People : Illegal Immigrants

Regina

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 5, 2002
Metro Atlanta
Occupation
Engineer
How do you feel about the illegal immigrants? How do you feel about the illegal immigrants from Mexico?

I was talking with a friend of mine who teaches in Cartersville, Georgia. She said the children can enroll in school without a social security number, they receive free lunches and free medical care. Plus, their parents are not paying taxes.

Do you think illegal immigrants are taking jobs away from other Americans or are they taking the jobs we don't want?

Do you think illegal immigrants from Mexico should be given amnesty? Do you think illegal immigrant from other countries should be given amnesty also?

The article below isn't about illegal immigrants but mentions immigration is helping to increase the number of Hispanics in the country.

===================

Hispanics now outnumber blacks as largest minority group in U.S.

Hispanics have surpassed blacks as the nation's largest minority group, the Census Bureau said Tuesday.

The Latino population grew to 37 million in July 2001, up 4.7 percent from April 2000. The black population increased 2 percent during the same period, to 36.1 million.

The estimates are the Census Bureau's first statistics on race and ethnicity since results from the 2000 census were released two years ago.

Regina ... thanks for starting this thread and sharing this news with us. Unfortunately, it's against our Forum Rules to add copyrighted information without including written permission from the copyright owner (in this case, the Associated Press).

What I usually do when sharing news articles is provide the title, a sentence or two of the article, a few of my own words and a link to where the article can be found and read in its entirety. It's more of a hassle than just copying and pasting but gives due respect to that which belongs to others.

At your convenience, please edit your post above, leaving a few of the sentences and perhaps a link to the article.

Thanks a Bunch.

:heart:

Destee

I don't know what to do Regina. But it does seem unfair to me.
America-- our country is complex... I fear that we, African-Americans, may become entangled in hate... I wish we wouldn't.

It is just ironic to me... as long as the general concesus was that illegal immigration only hurt us, black folk.... nothing was said, it was business as usual... but since, so much has come; and it is affecting the majority--- and it is changing America-- it's customs and whathaveyou... they, the majority are crying foul...

I think that we are being used--- I mean, it is scary to hear someone; like Pat Buchanan saying, "What about African-Americans?"

PLEASE!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back