Black Poetry : I'll Tell You...

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Nubyan, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Nubyan

Nubyan New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I’ll Tell You…

what it is that draws you inexplicably towards me.

You see, it could be a variety of things…
    Maybe it’s that complex shade of chocolate that I appear to be dipped in.
    The kind that even if you aren’t a chocolate lover, you can fully appreciate.
    Or it could be my spirit that seems to soar free…
    And invokes the desire within you to capture, own or try and tame me.
    Could it be the melodic sound of laughter that erupts unexpectedly?
    It’s probably that hypnotic state that you fall in whenever you happen to overhear me singing the beautiful melodies that flow from my soul when I believe that I am alone.
    It could be the fact that I remind you of home. Now, I’m not talkin’ ‘bout New York or DC or Atlanta. I’m referring to ‘HOME’ you know…the place where your forefathers were taken from.
    Yes, I know, initially it is the physical attributes that you are attracted to.
    For that, I can’t fault you…I am who I am.
    But, what you fail to realize is ‘what you see isn’t always what you get’ and ‘what you get will definitely be more than you bargained for’.

I suppose it really is a culmination of things that I have been blessed with.
    These blessings I accept whole-heartedly. I am the epitome of the “Ultimate Woman”.

One thing’s for sure, that I know to be true, it is definitely that strong sensuality that emanates however subtle from me to you. I know, I know, you have never encountered anyone remotely like me. Trust me when I tell you that you never will again. You see, there will never be another woman again like me. You are welcome to search… as a matter of fact I will wish you much luck and success in your quest. You run because you are scared and afraid. In all honesty, I can’t blame you. For, I know that I am a lot to try and accept.

But, if you think about it carefully, I tried to warn you. Actually, I told you how it was going to be. I even told you what your reaction would be. You said you could handle it. It was under control. Now you’re tryin’ desperately to regain your soul.

Silly man, don’t you know? It is impossible to regain what you have given so frivolously. I knew that you weren’t sincere when we began. It was just a ruse to conquer and destroy. What you failed to realize is that I was the conqueror and you, well, you became another casualty.

I told you that I would always be a part of you once you partook of my fruit. Also, that when you least expected it I would be in the forefront of your mind. You didn’t believe me when I told you that I speak from experience. Although you began this union in jest, you got caught up in my rapture. Falling deeper and deeper into my abyss. You soon had trouble distinguishing between fantasy and reality.

Your fantasy was that we would be together for eternity. The reality was that it was never about love and would soon dissipate. So, not being equipped to understand what was happening, you did what was natural and became obsessed and angry.

Why didn’t you listen to me? Why did you have to try? I know you think I am not affected but to say I’m not would be a lie. Do you realize what this takes from me? Do you know what I go through? Has it ever occurred to you that I might be scared and afraid too?

CKA ‘03

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    out of the womb. a new soul emerge. We are complete unique and misunderstood. Woman! Respect us as we,ll do unto you!
    Hell has no fury, Like a woman scorn. Thankyou, my unique sister

3. LovelyGoldenOne

LovelyGoldenOne Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student, Bookstore Clerk
    Ratings:
    +16
    this is a wonderful poem...i love it :)

4. Nubyan

Nubyan New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both for the praise. I appreciate it.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome Nubyan welcome

welcome to Destee's poetic playground
    welcome with such beautiful vibe
    as i feel ya scribe within welcome
    upon family & friendz
    welcome to da family of love :)