Black People : IGNORE feature - WHY DON'T YOU USE IT!

medusanegrita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
Check this out peeps.....

I done pissed somebody off. Apparently they were angry at me from another thread. I knew that and I made my amends and put them on 'ignore' so I wouldn't have to respond to any more angry messages and continue a downhill argument. I thought it blew over so I took them off of ignore, and responded to one of their posts. Nothing hostile, nothing angry, just sharing my opinions about the subject at hand.

They blew up. They brought that anger from some other thread on something else I said and brought it to the thread that had nothing do with whatever they were angry about.

They never did put me on ignore, and they had been responding to my posts, but I could only read it when someone quoted it. I never responded to their posts directly while I had them on ignore.

What I don't understand is.... if you are angry at me and you know this... why do you continue to read me... or anyone you have a problem with? That is why there is an IGNORE button... so you don't have to read or respond to the person you don't like, or have a problem with or issue with. That means no interaction, no altercation, no argument, no discussion, no debate, you leave each other alone.

But it seems some folks are just way to interesting to be put on ignore... or folks want you to respond to them so they can blow up at you.... or they like to fight and argue.... or something. I just don't get it.

USE YOUR IGNORE BUTTON AS OFTEN AND ON AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN... PLEASE!

This happens in real life too. Have ever know a person who didn't like you, and you think 'I know they don't like me, why don't they just leave me alone then' but they continue to talk to you, talk about you, and irritate the heck out of you on purpose?

They say misery loves company... but my misery doesn't like company. My misery loves solitude, silence, and likes to be alone. If I'm miserable - go away and let me be. I ain't trying to bring you down to my miserable level nor do I want to drowned in yours.

I use to never use an ignore button... and got into so many poisonous disputes. Now I learned my lesson. If you have a problem with me, and I can't resolve it to the best of my ability or I feel you that type of person that is just.... unreachable like that..... you will be placed on ignore with the quickness.... and I would only hope and pray that you do the same.

So what's the deal... why don't more people use their ignore button? Why don't you use it? How do you try to resolve a dispute on here before you get banned because of it? Do you have anybody on ignore now? Do you use it? How do you determine when to put someone on ignore, or do you basically just put anybody on ignore when they bother directly or indirectly?

Some people really need to make more liberal use of this feature. It's good.
So far I got 2 people on it.

the reason is

Check this out peeps.....

I done pissed somebody off. Apparently they were angry at me from another thread. I knew that and I made my amends and put them on 'ignore' so I wouldn't have to respond to any more angry messages and continue a downhill argument. I thought it blew over so I took them off of ignore, and responded to one of their posts. Nothing hostile, nothing angry, just sharing my opinions about the subject at hand.

They blew up. They brought that anger from some other thread on something else I said and brought it to the thread that had nothing do with whatever they were angry about.

They never did put me on ignore, and they had been responding to my posts, but I could only read it when someone quoted it. I never responded to their posts directly while I had them on ignore.

What I don't understand is.... if you are angry at me and you know this... why do you continue to read me... or anyone you have a problem with? That is why there is an IGNORE button... so you don't have to read or respond to the person you don't like, or have a problem with or issue with. That means no interaction, no altercation, no argument, no discussion, no debate, you leave each other alone.

But it seems some folks are just way to interesting to be put on ignore... or folks want you to respond to them so they can blow up at you.... or they like to fight and argue.... or something. I just don't get it.

USE YOUR IGNORE BUTTON AS OFTEN AND ON AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN... PLEASE!

This happens in real life too. Have ever know a person who didn't like you, and you think 'I know they don't like me, why don't they just leave me alone then' but they continue to talk to you, talk about you, and irritate the heck out of you on purpose?

They say misery loves company... but my misery doesn't like company. My misery loves solitude, silence, and likes to be alone. If I'm miserable - go away and let me be. I ain't trying to bring you down to my miserable level nor do I want to drowned in yours.

I use to never use an ignore button... and got into so many poisonous disputes. Now I learned my lesson. If you have a problem with me, and I can't resolve it to the best of my ability or I feel you that type of person that is just.... unreachable like that..... you will be placed on ignore with the quickness.... and I would only hope and pray that you do the same.

So what's the deal... why don't more people use their ignore button? Why don't you use it? How do you try to resolve a dispute on here before you get banned because of it? Do you have anybody on ignore now? Do you use it? How do you determine when to put someone on ignore, or do you basically just put anybody on ignore when they bother directly or indirectly?

Some people really need to make more liberal use of this feature. It's good.
So far I got 2 people on it.
the ignore feature is only available to premium members.......

the ignore feature is only available to premium members.......

Ms. Destee.. I appeal to you to greatly consider allowing the 'Ignore' feature to be available to all members.

Some members are not capable of engaging in a fair and proper debate with people they have issues with, issues that have arose in another thread and remained unresolved from that thread. They also don't know how to NOT respond to people they are angry at or have issues with - and they bring that anger and animosity over to other threads that have NOTHING to do with the original thread where the problem arose.

Having this feature available to all members could cut down on some chaos.

Maybe I should have posted this in the premium forum... but I keep forgetting it's there.

But it may be something you want to consider or reconsider.

Thanks.

Why PRESS something to IGNORE IGNORANCE, i just don't engage ignorant people nor their trollish messages and threads, i either show them the mirror, if they don't look, allow them to wallow in pathetic foolishness.....such as your fascination and advocation for mixing that you spread all over this wonderful forum, and the white troll that started a thread about "blackness being defunct".....see some of you are just to blind, but its cool you still a sister, which is why i keep you as a friend, because you're not the enemy, just being used by them, we'll get you turned around!

:whip:

Thanks, but you insult me. Really, you do. I have nothing further to say to you.

Thee is no reason to keep me as a friend just because I am a sista.

Take a lesson from Brotha Omo 'you may be my brotha but that doesn't make you my comrade.'
I may be your 'sista' but if you're gonna spread lies or exaggerate to such an extent as to create a divide between us and hurt my character or me, then what's the use of so-called friendship? Have you ever heard that sometimes you hold up a mirror to someone else and it is yourself that is reflected back? If someone pisses you off to such a degree, then it may be something reflective in you or your nature?

I suggest you get a scrying mirror.

I love you Chinelo, but it ain't workin out. I gotta let you go.

You're on my ignore list.

Smootches.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back