Law Forum : Ignorance of the Law Does Not Excuse

I am still looking for the relevance. I'll be here to speak about the Ignorance of the law legal doctrine as the title of this thread implies. I will leave you to yourself for the rest...

So, pray tell, what exactly is this legal doctrine "Ignorance of the law" about? :)

I understand but in order for us to overstand, knowledge(no limit)must be conceded. Therefore; sometimes common sense has to be accrued still and yet.

I guess you can say something like that. The reason why I jump into this thread is because I just did research and wrote a paper on this doctrine. It was my second option behind writing about prosecutorial discretion which is the power of prosecutors to pick and choose who, what, when, and where to prosecute, which I think causes the law to be enforced unevenly. I think that black people usually get the short end of the stick. Because I was told that I probably would not be able to meet the requirement with that subject, I chose to go deeper and wrote about this subject, the ignorance of the law doctrine, which I think is the foundation to prosecutorial discretion. I can get deeper into it, but I do have a passion for the law in certain aspects such as this. I think in order to understand the game we must learn the rules. I think the first step to fighting back against inequality and injustice is to learn the law, then use the law to later change the law.

So you do have "a passion for the law" like I thought! :) Passion, excitement, what's the difference? ;)

It is pretty crazy that I stumbled upon this subject because I just finished writing a paper on this very subject. I am actually going to expand on this paper in the upcoming semester and will be doing more research. This is a major issue, especially in our community. Ignorantia juris non excusat, the latin and legal phrase of this doctrine, is deeply rooted in this nations legal history and courts stand by this more times than not. I know someone said that this is just a legal doctrine, but legal doctrines are the law (precedent/case law/common law). We have to teach ourselves the laws which impact our everyday lives.

Hello Again !!! :wave:

I love this topic (the law) and am glad you do too ... though i know little about it.

What are you studying, if you don't mind sharing? I mean ... what will your degree be in ... will you be a lawyer?

I think it's so kewl to be able to study the law ... do well with it ... make us proud !!! ... :teach:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Hello Again !!! :wave:

I love this topic (the law) and am glad you do too ... though i know little about it.

What are you studying, if you don't mind sharing? I mean ... what will your degree be in ... will you be a lawyer?

I think it's so kewl to be able to study the law ... do well with it ... make us proud !!! ... :teach:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I will receive a J.D. in may (thanking God). This last semester, I will be preparing for the bar and networking. Yes I will be a lawyer, hoping to do civil work for most of the reasons we have talked about here.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back