Law Forum : Ignorance of the Law Does Not Excuse

It is pretty crazy that I stumbled upon this subject because I just finished writing a paper on this very subject. I am actually going to expand on this paper in the upcoming semester and will be doing more research. This is a major issue, especially in our community. Ignorantia juris non excusat, the latin and legal phrase of this doctrine, is deeply rooted in this nations legal history and courts stand by this more times than not. I know someone said that this is just a legal doctrine, but legal doctrines are the law (precedent/case law/common law). We have to teach ourselves the laws which impact our everyday lives.

Dr. Amos N. Wilson says that "the law" is not something sacred or holy! :) It's just a bunch of rules written by those with the power to impose it on others. I agree! I studied it for 12 years in federal prison and do you know what I learned? The Dred Scott decision is still the law of the land. I.e., inter alia, a black man has no rights that a white man is bound to respect! :mad: The constitution and laws of the United States and various states were written by a bunch of common criminals, aka the "Founding Fathers"! Who then wrote the history books to make it appear they did the so-called Indians a favor, by stealing their land and putting them on reservations . The ones they didn't exterminate. "Like good christians some would burn the witches,....later some brought slaves to gather riches"! And you know what they did to us! :mad:
No i don't know what they did to us folks in 2013. Tell us so we can be on the current look out.

It is pretty crazy that I stumbled upon this subject because I just finished writing a paper on this very subject. I am actually going to expand on this paper in the upcoming semester and will be doing more research. This is a major issue, especially in our community. Ignorantia juris non excusat, the latin and legal phrase of this doctrine, is deeply rooted in this nations legal history and courts stand by this more times than not. I know someone said that this is just a legal doctrine, but legal doctrines are the law (precedent/case law/common law). We have to teach ourselves the laws which impact our everyday lives.

And just how did this "law" that you seem so excited about save Trayvon Martin, Jordan Davis, or Darius Simmons? :confused: Did it punish George Zimmerman? :(

And just how did this "law" that you seem so excited about save Trayvon Martin, Jordan Davis, or Darius Simmons? :confused: Did it punish George Zimmerman? :(

That I seem so excited about? I am not sure where a legit question begins or where the relevance to my comment and your question about these gentlemen exist. With all due respect, I may need you to elaborate with a legit question.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back