Law Forum : Ignorance of the Law Does Not Excuse

true dat!

I've started a new forum ... The Black Law Forum! I'm really excited about this one! I think we can learn so much from each other, and put ourselves in a much more knowledgeable position!

Oh my gosh! This is great, isn't it!!!

I've had this on my mind a long time. The law is obviously a big part of many of our people's lives, as far too many are locked up in prison. I'm of the opinion, that many of our people get caught up, trapped, snared, by these laws, never really knowing in advance, the full consequence of their choices. Even for those that have an idea what their end will be, with our talking about it, sharing, etc., they may better prepare themselves for what's ahead.

You know what Family, we spend a lot of time interpreting words, their meanings, etc., and from what it looks like from where i'm standing, the law is a bunch of that very same thing?! Shoooot ... we should be great at this! ... Matter of fact, i've heard tell of "Jailhouse Lawyers," seen them on television, and they are allowed by the facilities to actually represent inmates. Seems like if they can do it there, we can do it here ... though ... we are all going in, knowing, aint none of us providing any real legal services. Who knows, with our learning this together, we may inspire gazillions of our young people, to master this occupation. There can be more of us on the side of interpreting the law, instead of having it interpreted upon us!

I want us to not be ignorant of the law. I want us to know the penalties we might face, if we do this, that, or the other. I want us to know what to do, if we or our loved ones are ever facing such a terrible place in life. Based on the numbers of our people locked up in prisons, it's a fate far too many of us may have to face one day, directly or indirectly.

So ... let's help each other avoid some of this, if we can!

Looking forward to the discussions held here!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family!

I've started a new forum ... The Black Law Forum! I'm really excited about this one! I think we can learn so much from each other, and put ourselves in a much more knowledgeable position!

Oh my gosh! This is great, isn't it!!! :D

I've had this on my mind a long time. The law is obviously a big part of many of our people's lives, as far too many are locked up in prison. I'm of the opinion, that many of our people get caught up, trapped, snared, by these laws, never really knowing in advance, the full consequence of their choices. Even for those that have an idea what their end will be, with our talking about it, sharing, etc., they may better prepare themselves for what's ahead.

You know what Family, we spend a lot of time interpreting words, their meanings, etc., and from what it looks like from where i'm standing, the law is a bunch of that very same thing?! Shoooot ... we should be great at this! :D ... Matter of fact, i've heard tell of "Jailhouse Lawyers," seen them on television, and they are allowed by the facilities to actually represent inmates. Seems like if they can do it there, we can do it here ... though ... we are all going in, knowing, aint none of us providing any real legal services. Who knows, with our learning this together, we may inspire gazillions of our young people, to master this occupation. There can be more of us on the side of interpreting the law, instead of having it interpreted upon us!

I want us to not be ignorant of the law. I want us to know the penalties we might face, if we do this, that, or the other. I want us to know what to do, if we or our loved ones are ever facing such a terrible place in life. Based on the numbers of our people locked up in prisons, it's a fate far too many of us may have to face one day, directly or indirectly.

So ... let's help each other avoid some of this, if we can!

Looking forward to the discussions held here!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Given recent developments in "the law", criminal and civil, this discussion needs to be revived big time! The U.S. Supreme Court just ruled that the police can take your DNA if you get arrested for anything! This is serious y'all.
DNA can be transported and planted anywhere the police choose to place it! We should be in the streets protesting this decision! :mad:

Ignorance of the law does not excuse is MERELY a doctrine.

Keyword: doctrine

Dr. Amos N. Wilson says that "the law" is not something sacred or holy! :) It's just a bunch of rules written by those with the power to impose it on others. I agree! I studied it for 12 years in federal prison and do you know what I learned? The Dred Scott decision is still the law of the land. I.e., inter alia, a black man has no rights that a white man is bound to respect! :mad: The constitution and laws of the United States and various states were written by a bunch of common criminals, aka the "Founding Fathers"! Who then wrote the history books to make it appear they did the so-called Indians a favor, by stealing their land and putting them on reservations . The ones they didn't exterminate. "Like good christians some would burn the witches,....later some brought slaves to gather riches"! And you know what they did to us! :mad:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back