Law Forum : Ignorance of the Law Does Not Excuse

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Something I learned from watching TV (forget the name of the cop show, but it was excellent!): If a cop tells you, you are under arrest, STFU! Say nothing! Do not engage in conversation with them. Do not attempt to "explain" anything -- ESPECIALLY you law-abiding citizens who have "nothing to hide" since you're innocent.

Why?

Because the cop ALREADY believes you're guilty. He wouldn't have arrested you if he didn't think you were guilty.... or plan to plant something on you. Anything you say they will use against you.... even "I didn't do it!" (He had a smirk on his face when he said it, for example).

Once arrested, say NOTHING. To the cops' minds, they have their man/woman and they are not about to be swayed.... by you.... that they are wrong.

P.S.
Amending: Say nothing except that you'd like a lawyer. They'll try to bait you - aw, you know you took it, hehehe.... - repeat, "I want a lawyer."

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Something I learned from watching TV (forget the name of the cop show, but it was excellent!): If a cop tells you, you are under arrest, STFU! Say nothing! Do not engage in conversation with them. Do not attempt to "explain" anything -- ESPECIALLY you law-abiding citizens who have "nothing to hide" since you're innocent.

Why?

Because the cop ALREADY believes you're guilty. He wouldn't have arrested you if he didn't think you were guilty.... or plan to plant something on you. Anything you say they will use against you.... even "I didn't do it!" (He had a smirk on his face when he said it, for example).

Once arrested, say NOTHING. To the cops' minds, they have their man/woman and they are not about to be swayed.... by you.... that they are wrong.

P.S.
Amending: Say nothing except that you'd like a lawyer. They'll try to bait you - aw, you know you took it, hehehe.... - repeat, "I want a lawyer."
Did you know that not denying an accusation by the police, can be used in court as an indication of guilt? First deny any involvement, then ask for a lawyer! Smile

Metatron

Sep 30, 2015
The "law" is not what u think it is. Further America is not what u think it is either. First u must shed the contradictory ideas implanted by eduction and psuedo culture. Second u must realize that the whole world was conquered long ago. Not because of "law" per se, but because of loss of grace..

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
The "law" is not what u think it is. Further America is not what u think it is either. First u must shed the contradictory ideas implanted by eduction and psuedo culture. Second u must realize that the whole world was conquered long ago. Not because of "law" per se, but because of loss of grace..
First one must study history (ourstory)! In Dred Scott vs. John Sandford (1857), the the Supreme Court of the United States decided, inter alia, "that a black man had no rights that a white man was bound to respect". As of this day that decision has not been expressly overruled. PS How do you define education, and what is its primary function?

Jeneva Hinely

May 17, 2016
When people are united and strong then they'll feel the other's feelings and emotions.
So, unity can change the difference between people of countries.

Lynott

Oct 4, 2016
Does ignorance of the law excuse when the 'law' can't be known because of proprietary?

How maths can get you locked up

Criminals in the US can be given computer-generated "risk scores" that may affect their sentences. But are the secret algorithms behind them really making justice fairer?

If you've seen the hit Netflix documentary series Making A Murderer, you'll know the US state of Wisconsin has had its problems delivering fair justice.
BBC, 17 october 2016

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly