Black People : Ignorance and Bigotry

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by sweetbrownsugar, Aug 16, 2004.

1. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Here in Columbus, Ohio there is like a Mad influx of Mexicans. Somalians. Ethiopians Africans from everywhere. Everybody's here! -And this has to be the number one capital for interacial couples. But the home of a lot of Ignorant white people and Bigots. I grew up in a small town in Georgia where you only fooled with white people at the grocery stores, doctor offices, maybe if a Mormon came and knocked on your door or Some white man selling Insurance? The military was a culture shock for me because I had to live, work and became close to a lot of people of many races. But being here in OHIO is the ultimate "culture shock"! Everyday I got to hear and see some white person with a black girl or boyfriend or husband or wife talking about how Mexicans are taking over! or How all these Somalians know how to do is come here and have all kinds of babies and take all the Food Stamps! or how it's ashame that 10 Mexicans rent one apartment and share one car! It makes me so, sick! The Somalian women hear where the head wrap. I sometimes will sport a head scarf tied in a bun in the back. So one day I go into the DMV this white lady behind the counter is being NASTY and asks, "What Country are you from?" I give her the "SIstagul look with the attitude" go, Georgia! Then she's looking all crazy and stupid! Another day I'm signing my son up for all day kindergarten out of district. Waiting in a long line in which this Somalian Couple who just wants to ask a question goes up to the front of the line -When a woman behind me goes, "these Africans come to this country and TAKE OVER!, We can't even put our kids in some of these schools cause they taking all the spots!" I look back and it's a white women with about five mixed race kids! that she don' had with some BLACK MAN WHO IS A LONG DESCENDANT OF AN AFRICAN! -So that ticked me off right there! My in laws (white and mixed race: embracing black or acting like they black) are the epitome of this Ignorance and Bigotry toward the other races. My mother in law especially. She even always goes, "These Foreigners Taking Over! They shouldn't be allowed to Come to America!" I be wanting to say, "We are all foreigners from foreign lands in a sense, if you look at it! If anybody came here and took over it was your race, the white man!" -But I hold my tongue.(respect for elders) She is sick from a Blood Transfusion. I always think to myself (Ignorant behind! probably sick from the blood of a Mexican or One of these Africans you always talking ignorantly about!) -Just something I had to get off my chest! I'm glad the Mexican is here. When I eat fruit and vegetables? I know that some of it was picked by his hand. They do the jobs most of these races- especially white people won't. I'm glad to see Africans from wherever adjust and get in where they fit in? For this country does not belong to the white man and somebody forgot to get on the loud speaker here in Ohio and tell these white people that. They want to talk about Mexicans and Somalians and all ,coming here to live and be loud about that! -While silently white folks are coming to live in this country in the same way form these foreign countries too! But you don't hear talk of that! It just pisses me off sometimes that "AIN'T NOTHING CHANGED"

2. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    I fully agree with your post and hate people with those attitudes about people from foriegn....it is sad and pathetic to see people blame all there problems on the easiest targets they can find like that.....it makes my blood boil the most when such garbage spills out the mouth of a black person....we should know better. To not get along with different ethinicities of black people is one thing and to not get along with other races too, but to blame every problem a person has on these other groups and the fact that they immigrated is foul....the fact is, if there was no more immigration as of tommorow...the people having these problems would still have them and simply find someone else to blame for them.....or the easiest target rather than the actuall perpatrator in those cases where there is someone else causing the problem.

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Personally I am an equal opportunity bigot..I don't like anybody....no race at all...can't stand em..would pack em all up in a big UPS box and ship all their ***** back where they came from........lol....In general I don't like anyone...I take folk on a specific person by person basis...but when I first me anybody...I don't like or trust them......what's wrong with us having dislike for foreigners hell they don't like or want us as black folk around ....the first word in English they learn when they get here is ******....to hell with em...but that's only in general this is too funny...

4. sweetbrownsugar

Ratings:
    +5
    You know? In my moment of getting the above off my chest? I forgot to add that BLACK people here too, dish a lot of this SAME "Ignorance and Bigotry". Don' got off the slave ship umpteen years ago.....made dey selves at home....living in harmony with whites these days thinking that makes us more acceptable. wE GOT THE NERVE TO iSolate our selves from People who are going through the same thing our ancestors went through. We are just as FOREIGN as the next Ethiopian or Somalian. You are here because of Some AFRICAN who too, learned the word ****** as his first English word. The word ****** SHOULDN'T HURT SO, BAD COMING FROM THE MOUTH OF FOREIGNERS WHEN OUR OWN PEOPLE RUN AROUND TODAY ADDRESSING EACH OTHER AND ONE ANOTHER AS SUCH? I know you were probably joking up there but in that big UPS box you would ship all of their **** in, back to where they came from? Make sure there's room in it for us ALL of us(AMERICAN BLACKS) before you stick your arm out the side to put the stamp on it.....In the eyes of many, BLACK AMERICANS are still Foreigners that need to be sent back where we came from. jUST tO tHINK tHAT SOME OF US THINK THAT WAY IS EVEN CRAZIER! IT HAS BEEN SAID, THAT we are our worst enemy.

5. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    I came from Mississippi my folk worked, slaved, sweated, and died to make this place what it is now whether I'm wanted here or not I am here been here gon be here...and I believe you to be mistaken in your opinion that we are as foreign as some of the Somalian and Ethiopian etc immigrants they are just coming here which would make them foreign if I would leave here and go to Africa I would be foreign.... and we've been off the boat more than umpteen years we were here before any slave ship brought us to this hemisphere ......and the people that are coming here now are not going through half of what our ancestors went through and not even distant ancestors I mean my parents, grandparents and greats. The people that come here now stand on the shoulders of Giants and reap the reward from the battles that my folk and your folk fought....living in harmony with white folk have nothing to do with this..I don't care for them either although many of us do..my problem is with foreigners coming here and thinking they are better than us, I've had Africans tell me I was nothing but the slave masters son(I'm a breed), and they seem to make a pretty clear distinction between Southern Blacks and Africans , I've had Mexicans call me ****** to my face for trying to talk to their daughter, see it's all cool for folk to say we are a global society and that all minorities should watch out for one another and we as Black folk should understand the immigrants problem and show sympathy...my question is why should we give love when we don't give love and dont' confuse living and working in the white world with living in harmony...sometimes you got to do what you got to do to get what you got to get. So as you see your thinking is flawed I am far from being a foreigner as are all of Black America, I tend to see this type thinking more among Blacks that are not in the South though we still see where we worked and were sold and after all that to think that I would sit here and disrespect my folk by saying I'm a foreigner here after they worked, and later on died for us to do the things we can do today is insanity....I'm no foreigner I've been here since we got here and I still will show no love to those who don't show us love.......so I'd still pack em up in a box and get to shipping .....and that's no joke serious as heron addict with a dollar in his pocket and a gorilla on his back!! Mississippi from can to can't :yo:

6. sweetbrownsugar

Ratings:
    +5
    Mississippi Red. (I like that) Make me want to change mine to SweetGeorgiaBrown. -You gotta.....hmmm?....get out more. Beyond the Borders of Mississippi. I am a "Southern Black" (as you say) every now and then I get to travel home to Georgia and see in 2004, Blacks who have OWNERSHIP of the cotton fields slaves toiled in. See, they were FOREIGNERS who picked the cotton then. Today they are FOREIGNERS still picking cotton because fundings locked to the ("Southern Black" cotton farmer, man -The white man can call over the phone and get his loan for technology/automation/equipment so he still won't have to "bend over" In a sense! So, I think that makes me a qualified "Southern Black" whose thinking is not......Flawed as you say, but "evolved" because I've gotten out. And what you see in mississippi? I've seen it abroad. (did i spell that right? m-i-crooked letter, crooked letter i....i think i got it) I've gone from Georgia(there were slaves there! Virginia, Williamsburg/Jamestown -where we got off the ship! Stumped through Texas(where they draggin' brothas behind trucks and crap), been to the Carolinas. Haiti -the same Bigot and Ignorant white people that don't want these foreign blacks floating over here on next to nothing? They are the same ones or descendant of ones who barely want you and me here! It's the New Kid on The Block scenario. You should already know? Black people don't die! We multiply! Show the New Kid on the Block some love. Look? A black man is quick to knock other Foreigners but will claim I gots Indian in my family! Well today brotha? The way "Massa was diggin' off in them slave quarters? We ain't even 100% Black today! That's why our chocalate comes in different flavors and colors! It's all kind of FOREIGN blood running through our veins! So we might as well EMBRACE, NOT HATE. Today's foreigner is just like you: ...here and gon' be here. After some of them have been here a while....they too if they set foot back in AFRICA will be seen as foreign thinking they are better than the next AFRICAN that comes here. That African that told you all you was, was a slave master son? (because I see some of these somalian conforming to western ways (as 0ur ancestors did)and dating outside?...in time that same African will probably be the father or grandparent of a slave master's son!) History is just repeating it self under different times that's all. (you said: I'm no foreigner I've been here SINCE WE GOT HERE....) You're acknowledging that we got here from SOMEWHERE right there with that statement. And if we got here from SOMEWHERE? WHAT DOES THAT MAKES US? ding,ding, ding! FOREIGNERS! lol, let's embrace. not hate. We need to get out of this Mentality....all we are doing is trying to block the entrance to a door that our black *****don't even have the key to. Move out the way, so others can get a piece of this!
    True Joke:
    Went to the bank the other day, this sista gul was standing in line next to me and went "dang, them Somalians be stankin! they' don know what deodorant is!" I wanted to bust out laughin -not at what she said but in my mind I was thinking, " So! we was stanking when we got here to America. and some of us still MUSTY AS A BULL's Nuts!

7. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Thank you for the compliment on the name....and I think on this one we can agree to disagree but that's the good part of being good folk...I the Sip when I was 19 and I'm 34 now have lived in Louisiana, Texas, San Diego and now in Santa Clara CA so I've seen a little but everyone's perception of what they see and of their experiences is different..when we first got here we were foreigners but at this point and time we've been here enough generations that that foreigner tag(my anglish is bad this morning) has long since worn off...but that being said...I still say on this issue we can agree to disagree and still be cool about it.....Sweet Georgia Brown....that's fire...used to be a restaurant in Dallas that I liked by that name....man o man they had good peach cobbler..Have a good day and I'm still Mississippi from can to can't
    Be cool be safe and if you can't be either at least be quick!! :grin:

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree that black folk sometimes need to check themselves. We tend to look at Hispanics the same way whites look at us....like we're higher than they are. Yeah, there are somethings I don't like about SOME of the hispanics that I live around and know...but that's no excuse to label a race. I also don't like alot of things about black folks that I know and live around. Same with white folks. Bottomline...we are all trespassers on this land. The only people who belong here are Native American/ American Indians. Anyone else is a guest including black folks. I have a grandfather who talks that mess about Hispanics. It's funny how short term we think.