Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa Speaks Against Whites in ATRs

Nonc, I couldn't pull it up but I know you ain't lying. There are a lot of transgendered and satanic white folks pushing Vodou these days. They are also pushing New Orleans Voodoo and trying to claim rootwork (hoodoo). It is a thriving community of these culture vultures.

African Americans are going back to the traditions and one of the main focuses is on bloodline. Some of us are even going back to Africa to bring back obscure traditions that we have in our blood. The ancestors are making that happen as it is not just Yoruba, Vodoun, Akan or Bakongo anymore that is available. Bori and Ndepp plus Komo are coming over now. I suspect more as more AAs hear the call of the ancestors. I plan on finding more about Bateke traditions and those of Equatorial Africa. I have some Bateke and Equatorial spirits around me and they have been vexing me recently.

Brother Blackbird,
You may want to re-think your position on doing work/readings for only family and close friends. You would be a really good asset to blacks here in the states. You really understand in context the importance of blood plus you have a really good knowledge of other systems besides the Big 4 that you named that are prevalent in the states.

Give me an idea on how much more you think spiritual power would manifest through a said person if he/she had a bit of Yoruba blood and got crowned Esu but then got initiated into the Bori tradition of which he/she had tons of blood?

Brother Blackbird,
You may want to re-think your position on doing work/readings for only family and close friends. You would be a really good asset to blacks here in the states. You really understand in context the importance of blood plus you have a really good knowledge of other systems besides the Big 4 that you named that are prevalent in the states.

Give me an idea on how much more you think spiritual power would manifest through a said person if he/she had a bit of Yoruba blood and got crowned Esu but then got initiated into the Bori tradition of which he/she had tons of blood?

Brother Charles, I do what the ancestors will. So when the time is right I will extend whatever services I can provide beyond what I am currently doing. I like not being a priest. Too much work. Lol... People are skeptical of priests and never want someone to think I am doing it to scam, stroke my ego or make money. I am just an average joe blow that may know a something about the spirit world according to the traditions I subscribe to. It's a lot of work and practice.

To answer your question, I take this stance. If one chooses to believe that we are spiritual beings and many of the spirits we have around us are in our individual bloodlines, spiritual dna, then of course, subscribing to the tradition of those spirits will greatly enhance our spiritual well being. Look at it like we are spiritual "machines" and the traditions are the operating system of our "machines." To properly align ourselves with the our spirits and the traditions they issue from will greatly potentiate our energy to manifest things in our physical world. We can choose to walk a generic spiritual path and achieve good results but if we align to what operates our spiritual dna at a greater power and efficiency, we can soar higher than we could without it. Hopefully this answers your question.

What do you mean brother?

Sorry brother for the rush, in writing it......
I was saying that it's hard to read, that people are fighting each other on the internet over their spiritual ways, and attacking each other in public. This is new to me. There can't be this form of competition among our people's spiritual practices. This is why I am not to speak of my spiritual traditions directly in public. It creates more problems then it solves.

Sorry brother for the rush, in writing it......
I was saying that it's hard to read, that people are fighting each other on the internet over their spiritual ways, and attacking each other in public. This is new to me. There can't be this form of competition among our people's spiritual practices. This is why I am not to speak of my spiritual traditions directly in public. It creates more problems then it solves.

There shouldn't be competition whatsoever because your tradition(s) should be personal and for you as determined by your own particular ancestors and environment. Unfortunately for us Black folk in North America, the traditions did not survive in situ like in the Caribbean so those of us who come back to them can become overzealous due our relearning of them and due to the Christianized environment we come from.

As much as any of us would wish to deny it, Christianity and the Christianized environment we come from has had and continues to have a considerable influence on us in how we approach things even if we don't or no longer subscribe to Christian beliefs. The fervor of even the posts speaking against Christianity illustrates the impact Christian thought has had.

I would say that do not shy away from discussing those things about your tradition that you are at liberty to share. This is how we learn, evolve and build commonality and kinship. Our traditions should never be at odds but should work in tandem to make available things that we may need in order to "return home."

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back