Black People : If you're Black, you might be a victim of cult mind control

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Many people believe that African Americans have been brainwashed by Europeans starting with slavery in this country. They say this to explain why we behave the way we do today and for the problems that exist in our communities.

What is brainwashing? Websters definition is:

"A forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas.

A systematic effort to persuade nonbelievers to accept a certain allegiance, command, or doctrine.

A colloquial term, it is more generally applied to any technique designed to manipulate human thought or action against the desire, will, or knowledge of the individual. By controlling the physical and social environment, an attempt is made to destroy loyalties to any opposing entity.

Also called Coercive Persuasion, systematic effort to persuade nonbelievers to accept a certain allegiance, command, or doctrine."

In layman's terms, it's mind control. Brainwashing is a practice widely used by cultic movements, such as religious groups. Would you say that RACISM is a cultic movement given the definition of brainwashing?

Victims of brainwashing usually need to undergo some form of professional intervention in order to reverse the affects of brainwashing. People called Exit Counselors are called upon to help victims to free themselves of the oppressive group thinking.

Given what you know about the ills of the African American community, would you agree that we are victims of mind control?

One exit counselor describes four (4) tell-tale signs:

"The exit counselor explained that Margaret's daughter was a victim of mind control and described its four components: (1) behavior control, (2) thought control, (3) emotional control, and (4) information control. He said these techniques had combined to rob her daughter of the ability to make responsible and rational choices. The counselor informed them that neither the family nor the daughter were to blame for this cult involvement: at the right time, mind control could bring anyone into a cult."

Could these components not be recognized among African Americans? The counselor goes on to say...

"The exit counselor said he would seek to break through her daughter's bondage to the cult leader and restore her to mental, emotional, and physical freedom. If the intervention were successful, Margaret's daughter would return to the mental stability she possessed before joining. Away from the pressures of the cult, she would be free to make an informed religious choice, unlike the controlled "choices" presented to her while in the group."

If we agree that African Americans are victims of brainwashing, why would we think we can, alone, debrief/rid ourselves of it's power and control over our thinking? Shouldn't we be seeking some form of professional assistance (exit counselor) to return to the mental, emotional and physical freedom we enjoyed pre-slavery? Is reading our history enough? Talking among ourselves enough?

Sources:

http://www.answers.org/CultsAndReligions/mind_control.html
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

You've gone pretty deep on me here Queen, I think that we have been "brain-washed" but the brainwashing is not just in our Black American community.... I think that much of the animosity that is thrown at us is that we do not "go along to get along..."

I think that we have innate bs detectors.... I think that our problem is that we always knew how to be outside and inside our communities... but that somehow, with the obviousness and marketability of what was once Black American culture.... has become American culture... and we are somewhat confused.... we have not looked at it enough to understand that banking on culture does not mean acceptance.... this has been going on since we were sold to these shores.

I think that it is the only thing for to do---- do this for us and ourselves..... we have become weaker as a people so it is tougher, that is all.... we have never ran away from "tougher" before.... but I think as we continue this cycle of life we, in this generation seemingly goes through.... reality-fantasy-reality, it would get easier; because we are waking up, s---l---o---w---l---y,
and recognizing the power and love that was, is, and can forever be us, we are reinventing-- that explains the exodus from corporate america, for an increasing number of us--banking on us; and if my entrepreneurial endeavors take hold, I am next out of that door.... but we are still in a 2 steps up, 1 down mode....i.e., corp. ams. big dip into "Black Family Reunions" I hoping and praying that we do the right thing here.... for once, let us reap the benefits of us..PLEASE!

Nice, Queen.

Happy...I know...I did go pretty far out there on this one! :) I can be rather radical at times. But I'm at a point where I think we should explore every possible reason that could explain what and why...consider every possible angle to what we're experiencing as far as the mind can conceive it.

I often view racism and oppression as terminal diseases slowly eroding the fiber of every victim's existence. You wrote that "we have become weaker as a people" but we're slowly waking up. Hopefully we're finding a cure for what ails us.

Junious (one of our columnist's) wrote:

"Our people suffer from what one psychologist called "survival fatigue" we have been beaten down by their psy-ops and lies so we try to turn off and self-medicate to dull the pain of our reality. It won't work and it's sending our people to early graves. We know the real deal we just pretend not to."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back