Black People Politics : IF YOU WERE THE PRESIDENT WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO CHANGE THE WORLD!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Poetic Justice, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Poetic Justice

Poetic Justice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Analyst
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is it me or are we suffocating and are just making due with the air we are allowed to have, i am not saying that anything i say matters i am just thinking about all this stuff that is inflicted on us on a daily basis and its like we are just numbing ourselves and saying well, thats life, to even deal with it.
    The world is like a death trap.
    The news is like a obitruary extravaganza, i dont care when i get up or when i go to bed someone is being killed or have been killed man woman or child, child is child, mother against child, man against women, man against woman and child, our elderly are being raped and tortured, you cant walk to your car without fear and people are losing there lifes over a chicken wing.
    And we feel that if we just lock our doors and put on our alarms and we will be safe, and they are throwing chairs in our windows and coming in and shooting the first person they see, whether it is a 11 year old child.
    You cant have anything because someone is going to try and steal it, that could be old mrs jackson who just decided to buy herself some plants in the summer to try and make her lonely heart feel better since she is now home alone as soon as she sits them outside the neighborhood cracks are going to take them and sell them to mrs matthews around the corner, i know you know what i am talking about i know i cant tell nobody nothing we are all living this.
    All this budget cutting and now they talking about cutting social security, the terroists, and why are they feeding sadamn for in hiding all i saw was they caught him and they showed a couple of pictures and now its like what is they going to do with him, take care of him in a prison, its a shame how we really have to live, the world has gone crazy to me, people are greedy and
    cold, if you could be the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WHAT CHANGES WOULD YOU MAKE TO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE?

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    ShawnsWife

Great post. Very true and honest. It is rocked with nothing but truth. I love it. Keep flowing and tell what is on your heart and what you see. I see and I haven't had to live that life for some time now. I never forgot, so I see the crack dealer running and thinking it is the perfect crime to break a heart and make a dime. ( That is why he is a crack head. His head has cracks )

Our first day in these United States of Red, White, and us Blue. Our Forefathers and Mothers suffered real bad.

" To meet his exigencies, creditors, taxgatherers, or legatees, the Slave, his wife, children, or parents, or the produce of his hands can be seized, sold or alienated in lots, or severally, so that unknown, unfeeling, unrighteous men-stealers and traffickers in Slaves may call them their goods; no remonstrance avails, no right of redemption is reserved; while the death of the tyrant or owner only more severely embitters and surely rivets the manacles, aggravates the yoke, and causes the iron to enter the deeper into the soul of the victim." Notes from 1865...

If I was President. First I would spend six months listening to the protest of the people. Then as the year closed I would have formulated a set of plans and laws to push thru Congress to right the wrong laws and create better ones. I would make the ones on the books come alive, and put real teeth into the institutions that have oversite. I would rock my nation, and after that when all is fair, and the people see light, it is time to ask them to enjoy their life. I would set a party from coast to coast . It would be like a Brazilian beach party going all night. When the sun came up. I want a report. Place it on CNN and so I can see my new course. See I work for you. You elected me. If you didn't then no one has taken your anger from thee. I made it fair. I gave you a chance . For growth in America. Now get a life. We all have to work to do, and I would go back to the business of taking care of the land. Oh yea...children too. Vote for me!

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    As much as I would love to respond the this post, I have to let my actions speak on behalf of that. I will tell you this though, it is a difference maker!

CD

4. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    Good Good queston Shawnswife..

I come back on this one..

Lovelibertylady:heart:

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    If I were President I would obviously be snuffed out in a New York minute. As we all know or should know, the President isn't running anything and any attempt to ACTUALLY DO SO WOULD COST ME MY LIFE BEFORE I COULD GET STARTED.

6. RelaxedMomentum

RelaxedMomentum Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    maybe not

Chances are high, but maybe not Keita. If one would form to proper allies in office he/she may survive for a period. But I agree, if the social issues of our country are properly addressed, it seems that it would cause an uproar which usually causes assasination of ones charater or life.

7. Poetic Justice

Poetic Justice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Analyst
    Ratings:
    +3
    Funny how the mind wants release!

Yes i agree that in our world we cannot speak the real truth, so many others have tried and had either there lives taken, or the lives ripped apart.
    It seems that aslong as the world began people have always impaled the good voices of others, i am with you all in this i just got alittle frustrated with the senseless debachery that we all have to face each and every day.
    Consider this post closed, and thank all of you for your responses.

I will continue to bring my own joy and sunshine through the love of my family and friends and writing.

So with that taken care of can one of the moderators please delete this post for me, i would humbly appreciate it.

8. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I would lead by example.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Sister ShawnsWife ... good to see you back in the house ... thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I would give it back to the Native Americans, because isn't receiving stolen property illegal?