Black People : If You Want To Read Something That's True, Check Out This!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SpiritualONE, Sep 11, 2003.

1. SpiritualONE

SpiritualONE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
  2. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    WOW...I thank you for the posting of this article...there are more of us still out there attempting to enlighten our people and this is proof...the tyranny of the masses seems to be taking over and we must do our parts in letting our royalty known :)
    I LOVED it thank you SpiritualONE for this blessing :)

3. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks for the feedback triniti424! I was wondering if anyone would read it and respond. It's long but it holds your attention!

4. soul_doctor73

soul_doctor73 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I read it. I'm used to long. :)

I could say something, but I don't think anything needs to be said.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    this is all true
    very distress'n
    but true...
    thanks for share'n this enlight'n thread
    peace
    khasm

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    This should be posted in every black church, Masjid, Ashram, Syngagogue and P.A.L.

Bill Cosby and Spike Lee have been talking about the image we project for years. We need to make a pariah out of these bafoons that want to denegrate themselves.

THey make step n fetchit look like road scholars!

7. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    This should be posted in every black church, Masjid, Ashram, Synagogue and P.A.L.

Bill Cosby and Spike Lee have been talking about the image we project for years. We need to make a pariah out of these bafoons that want to denegrate themselves.

THey make step n fetchit look like road scholars!

8. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    The movie "Bamboozled" explained Afrikan self hate well. We seem to enjoy degrading each other for the benefit of white supremacy ideology. Europeans have inculcated this NEGATIVE image of dark people worldwide and we have lived up to their expectation. You even have self hating Kneegrows in higher LAPDOG positions who aid in perpetuating this self-degrading SICKNESS!

9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    " The man waves a dollar sign and our young people swagger after him like mice after the Pied Piper. "

This has a lot of truth to it.

Pied Piper was a great story.

They drove the rats to the sea. They gave them boats. They gave them rope. They gave them status over thee.

A Lemming is a EUROPEAN species of rat. Noted for it's mass migration into the sea.

So the story isn't a fairy tale. Don't look at the truth. It causes night mares.

Criminals and Lawyers started this country. Sometimes I have trouble telling which is which.

10. Jay Rivers

Jay Rivers Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Long article before I start can anyone tell me how to edit my profile (to add my location) ??

My 2 cents, the pimping of America has been going on for a while. Remember Spike Lee and his mission to start a new revolution of positve Black images in film, well, he's veered away from Black themed subjects. He too found that this was an impossible battle to win. The reason of all the negative imagery of ourselves is THEIR own fault. Someone had to raise 50 Cent and all those clowns up there. They werent held to any kind of standard so when that beutiful dollar bill "is in thier face" they'll do anything to get it.

But one thing to consider is that maybe thats what they want, maybe Ashanti and Lil Lim like coming off as hookers. They're capable of changing thier looks, but they don't. It sells and they ENJOY it! And don'tfool yourselves, there are allota women that like that disrespectful treatment (heavily denied of course) but its a fact.

As for the guy's complaint about not being the largest minority in America...thats GREAT! We should be celebrating! Its one step closer to being a majority. What are we afraid of by not being a major minority anymore...not getting anymore "free rides" like being judged on race over ethics?

The other comment that we've lost focus on our future as a race really bugged me. I love my Black brothers and sisters but Im will NOT rely on any of you to provide for me and my family because that is MY responsiblity and the responsibilty of MY family. And understand, not all brothers and sisters feel this way that we are a people of ONE. A Black stranger in Compton is as much a Black stranger in Bensonhurst NY.

I just wish that these so-called entertainers would take some responsibilty and make some real decisions...but what can you expect they're all 17 years old! And thier mothers let them perfrom like that becausethey think its "cute!" And if it offends then dont participate in it, separate yourself from it. Im old school personally, its Rick James and The Rolling Stones for me!

Jay from Texas