If you want to know what a woman will look like in 20 years

I think skin tone has something to do with it too. Light skin ages quicker than darker skin. That's another saying: Black don't crack.

Also how a woman takes care of herself plays a part. Good genes will do a woman no good if she smokes and drinks.

Just look at how she takes care of herself. None of us is getting any younger. Why should a man worry about what a woman will look like in twenty years when his own hair is beginning to recede?

Granted men are more visually stimulated than women (guess thatls that testosterone Dual loves to talk about) so they are less tolerant of physical flaws. That doesn't mean a man can just let himself go anymore than a woman can.

Pan you know I have fumbled with this logic alot in my life. I know form my wife her mother is a nice looking woman, but all black women age better than any one else so it is hard for me to really take a particular stand.

All I can say is that I am glad I am not marrying dem other cultures people (Yall know who dey is). All of them age poorly.

Sister Softly's Interjection

Wagging my own tail... (or whatever that thing sister Destee said. lol)

panafrica said:
Brothers:

How many of you have heard of this saying: If you want to know what a woman looks like in 20 years, take a look at her mother. Overall how accurate is this at giving an indication for how a woman will age?

I've always heard that as well. I don't know if that is true. I have never really paid close attention to what women (even in my own family) look like in relation to their mother; however, if it is true, happy happy joy joy b/c my mama is too fine. LOL. Yeah, I said it. Errrrrrysince I was in middle school (and old enough to know it) men jocked my mom. Guys that I went to school with would jock my moms and my two aunts. My mother is beautiful woman so I don't mind at all looking like her. I hope my children don't get it as bad as men and my cousins did when we were in school; it was horrible!

I also agree with Sister River about some things. How you take care of yourself plays a large roll in how quickly we age. I also think makeup plays a large roll. Women who wear a lot of makeup never seem to look right as they age. But back to the lifestyle thing... Have you ever seen a person and be shocked by their real age? You hear it and are like, "DANG, she must have had a hard life!"

Last of all... IMO Black women age far better than most other ethnic groups.
Moral of the story: Take care of yourself Sistas!

If You "Since my mother's asthetically pleasing percentage grows as she ages shouldn't mine?" Come Softly LOL...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back