Black People : If You Want Something Done - Why Not Do It Yourself?

Some would rather 'ride the wagon' while someone else pulls it ....

FANNED!!!!

...because trying to do things for yourself takes hard work and introspection.

Its always easier to complain and leech. Many personal issues are entirely self created...but no one wants to talk about that. You've got a single mother who blames her childs father for the hellhole that is her life...a single father to a hoarde of different babies from different mothers who blames the women for decreasing his living standards...someone in jail or in prison blaming others bc theyre in jail..a fastfood worker of 5 years who agreed to b an unskilled 'wage slave' but pickets for more money as if someone owes them a living...ppl who've squeezed themselves out of the job market (no skill or education), who now blame others bc they can't get jobs....

Every personal hardship can't b blamed on systemic inequalities. all things being equal, we'd still have idiots and underachievers.
K-12 is free for the kiddies ... and America still has high school dropouts. Like ... 7-15%? There are exceptions but, honestly, the greatest diff between the haves and have nots are those who do and do...not. Just can't tell the truth without being called an elitist. I mean - I do... but, sometimes, id rather be liked than 'right'...LOL Does that make sense? Even if ppl are forced to agree (in real life), they'll still feel all put off by what you've said. *shrug* I have one acquaintance -- I really have to watch my words around them. She takes offense to everything...but then, its her fault for bringing it up. I'm so tired of hearing about her 'ain't s--t' deadbeat ex husband - I don't know what to do.

Everyone slips up but i surely dont rush to blame 'everyone else' when i make poor life choices, self sabotage or fail to meet my own potential. Some ppl may get down but they never stay down. Its temporary, not a longterm situation. No matter what life throws out -- the 'cream' will always rise to the top.

Its generational, i think. Ppl are way whinier - lazier - than they used to b. Even my uncles tells me that. My family's headed up by members of the WW2 generation...and thank God for that.

Some ppl prefer to live in a world where every situation in their life just...'happens'. Some ppl dont want to exert control over anything. Some ppl derive power in being victims.
All their lives.

The bottom is there are some that need help for real and those that have ability to move their situation out of what it is and don't. The issue is to decipher who is what in that matter when you help. I'm not selfish as I have given without asking, but I am not a fool on ten toes as well. Like I always say, if you want to help, do it on your own terms, and my term is I will always help you if I can initially, but if it looks like you are always looking to ride coat tails and are not doing anything, I will let you be.

I have had to have help throughout my life, everyone has to some point and if they claim they have not... well. Anyway people don't mind helping me when I ask for help personally because I do not ask for it unless it is dire, I tend to pick myself up from my bootstraps at all times, I help others when I can, and I pay everyone back that help me. I keeps good relations, some only are about the one way thing.

I'm always available to help or assist others, but, when I need a favor or help, everyone tend to offer up excuses.

This causes me to be hesitant to assist. I'm finding that I'm not being so available anymore. I hate this becuz I enjoy helping others but some will wear it out.

Selfish and self centered.......I say.

Shikamura is correct. We as Black folks seem to be the only group in this nation who have no desire for unity or collective effort of any kind!

We are the only ones with no collective political agenda, no collectivel plan or policy for the education of Black children nationally and no safety net, for when the Federal Government wil say to us all of us as Black folks ; "well you want to be free now we will free you"

1 Cuts in civil service jobs
2 Public Housing and HUD programs
3 Public School cuts
4 City college cuts
5 City hospital closings

And all at a time when we were collectively too lazy to even consider Black Nationalism;

even though we have been warned to do for self for over 100 years;

From Booker T, then 30 years later from Garvey,
then 20 years later from Elijah Muahmmad , then Dr King then Malcolm, then 30 years later from Chancelor Williams, then 20 years later from Claud Anderson then ten years after that from Amos Wilson

"Here is Chancellor's Master Plan, and I urge everyone that reads this to use this as a blueprint to finally come together and organize as a people. This is nothing complicated it is very simple; we must do the work that Men and Women do when their own liberation is in their hands. How long must we continue to beg and plea for things that a people must do for themselves?"(open the link)
http://www.blackpeopleparty.com/7.html

p_670193_1445568.jpg

so yes this generation desires to do no work; has created no new Black leadership, no new Black Movement or Paradigm, and new new National Black organizations; that will be remembered for more then three months or impacted on maybe 3% of the population or even known by them!

That collective won't be able to achieve much if on a representative scale of 100 people, 3 are working and 97 are simply 'riding the wagon'.

Shikamura is correct. We as Black folks seem to be the only group in this nation who have no desire for unity or collective effort of any kind!

I don't know; as days have gone by, I've wondered why it seemed so many black folks were okay with such a mentality. "Don't try, just get by, even at the expense of another sister or brother." It's like there's no ambition, no passion to go above and beyond.

Black people seemed to be so with it back then, but as the years have flown, I wonder, have majority been burned out? Is it a broken spirit trying to gain what should already be a given? Is it the captivity in a land that seems so against us that breeds discouragement? Are many just fine with settling for whatever scraps are thrown just because? I don't know, but I guess that's a different topic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back