Black People : If You Want Something Done - Why Not Do It Yourself?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

If you want something done, why not do it yourself?

For the sake of discussion, feel free to apply this to anything your mind can conceive being done.

Looking forward to the discussion.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

It's because sometimes we are not always capable of doing something we need done, our own selves. Whether not strong enough, not skilled enough, not knowledgeable enough, not prepared enough, and so on, we sometimes need a hand.

And it's better to humble oneself and admit you need help, rather than trying to get it done on your own just so you won't have to owe anyone a favor in return.

I've seen some people act like this; it's kind of sad. :(

It's because sometimes we are not always capable of doing something we need done, our own selves. Whether not strong enough, not skilled enough, not knowledgeable enough, not prepared enough, and so on, we sometimes need a hand.

And it's better to humble oneself and admit you need help, rather than trying to get it done on your own just so you won't have to owe anyone a favor in return.

I've seen some people act like this; it's kind of sad. :(
I am guilty of this because of the very reason, the very few times that I did ask for help, I got turned down or told "you should know how to do it yourself". Also sometimes when I asked for help in the past, there was always a catch and not someone who truly wanted to help. There was an ulterior motive behind them helping me. With that being said, I am definitely one of those who have a hard time asking for help anymore.

I am guilty of this because of the very reason, the very few times that I did ask for help, I got turned down or told "you should know how to do it yourself". Also sometimes when I asked for help in the past, there was always a catch and not someone who truly wanted to help. There was an ulterior motive behind them helping me. With that being said, I am definitely one of those who have a hard time asking for help anymore.

I get what you're saying. The way the world works today makes it very difficult to ask others for a hand, just because there's a great chance they expect more in return than what's necessary.

And yeah, being told "you should know" repeatedly does make one feel less inclined to ask; even if I should know, I don't, so can you help a sister out? :10500: That's how I feel about it.

I get what you're saying. The way the world works today makes it very difficult to ask others for a hand, just because there's a great chance they expect more in return than what's necessary.

And yeah, being told "you should know" repeatedly does make one feel less inclined to ask; even if I should know, I don't, so can you help a sister out? :10500: That's how I feel about it.
a lot of people have became snooty, stuck up and judgmental these days. it sickens me, especially blacks doing it to one another.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back