Black Spirituality Religion : If you have NO RELIGION...then what?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by A007, Jul 26, 2008.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    I do not subscribe to any particular religon because all of them are man-made and have flaws. With this being said, I believe there are a few here who feel the same way. So...what are we supposed to do when we have no religion?

I have been told that I should not tell and/or show people that their respective religions are not from God unless I have something to replace it with. What do you all think?

2. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    personally I don't follow any particular religious doctrine, but I do feel that there are important things that I can take from a lot of them. During my conversion to Islam taking the time out to pray 5 times a day, while actually bowing to God was a very powerful experience. It also made me realize the importance of eating better (which I'm still working on) and at that point in my life I think it was important and extremely helpful (which is why I might consider converting back for spiritual reasons some day). The most important thing is to remain moral, treat others how you'd like to be treated, remain humble, help those out that need help, etc. and you should be fine.....

3. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    Jahari, do you believe God desires to be worshipped? Why did you leave Islam? Also, what spiritual gains will be made if you convert back?

peace

4. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523

Well I don't like speaking for God, but I believe if God were to desire worship it would mainly be for your own benefit, which in turn would benefit the world around you. I don't view God as some ego-maniac that a lot of our churches houses have painted it out to be, lol

At that time in my life I don't if I was ready to fully commit to it. There were also some fundamental reasons also. I did feel that women did have a secondary/submissive role within the religious doctrine and I'm not a believer in someone being condemned to damnation for not following a certain set of beliefs.

I think the "focus/discipline" aspect is what would benefit me the most. For some reason or another Islam influenced my mindstate and decision making more than any other form of spirituality that I've came across. If I do convert back one day it would be more for the spirituality than the actual fundamental beliefs itself....

5. Writspirit

Writspirit Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Is to make myself the best human being I can in th
    Ratings:
    +77
    When you have no religion you finally put yourself in the position to find the true God/Goddess that lies within yourself. Religions tend to fearmonger and separate people from Divine self. All one need do is to be still and listen to the voice within oneself.

Now some people need a benchmarker and catalyst to help them find the path to God, so feel religion may offer that to them as a guide. If that is of help, go for it. But read the works of all religions. Be open to read the Vedas, the Koran, the Bible, the Emerald Tablets and other forms of spiritual wisdom so you have a wide frame of reference in which to formulate your understanding of God source.

Personally, I found the Divine by simply asking to know who or what the Divine Loving Source is. By asking WHO AM I? What is my purpose in life? The reply came at first in dreams. Showing me that we are greater than we know. As I grew to summon this Loving Source more and more, it came. It revealed higher understanding and continues to do so. I realized then that parts of the bible wherein it says "Ask and you shall receive," is true. We dont need to pray at God, all we need to do is understand God/Goddess lies within and will answer if you truly honor and call that Divine source. The highest forms of Love and Spiritual Beings will come if you truly want to know truth and are open to hear it. But you have to be willing to accept that maybe all you have been taught to understand is truth, is not truth.

You dont need Church or religion for that. The Divine is everywhere, all around us, in all forms that exist. When you understand that Divine energy is in the universe, varied gallaxies and worlds, within the earth, the trees, the wind, the water, the animals, in every created form there is and within you, then you can know the joy of reaching out to the Divine.

Ask to meet the Divine within your dreams. Have no particular image of God because GOD/GODDESS is all that is. And all that is, is God/Goddess.

I found that truth by stepping away from the dogmas of religion so that I could hear the TRUTH and the TRUE VOICE of the Divine. The Divine Source is where LOVE is:luvv:

So what do you do when you have no religion? Why, you open yourself up to find the true Divine Source that has always been with you.

6. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    AGREE!!!

7. A007

Ratings:
    +115
    I agree...but how do you present that to your loved ones as a replacement for the indoctrination that they are used to?