Black Poetry : If You Don't Know...

coey30

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 26, 2008
Don’t settle for anything less than someone who loves you. Don’t love when you’re lonely, love when you’re ready. Don’t think that it happens all the time, either. Holding hands while walking down a high school hallway isn’t love. Real love is hard to come by, but it comes. Maybe not for a while, but it shows up at some point. All of us are loved, but sometimes that person you want isn’t in your life yet, don’t worry, they will be.

So if you don’t know… I Love you
Trust me, I know exactly how it feels to cry in the shower so no one can hear you
Waiting for everyone to be asleep so you can fall apart cause it’s all you can do
And everything seems to hurt so bad you just want it all to end, I know exactly how it feels, and you just have to pull through
So never trust someone who promises you forever because it’s just a 7 letter word, but so is leaving
And they say they offer a lifetime when they know it’s really just for a season
It is not always a bad thing for you to be challenged by life and to struggle
However, as you go through these times, you have to be careful not to lose yourself in the process for it’s a constant juggle
Cause the best relationships are the ones where you’re both making each other better people
It doesn’t make sense to be in a relationship where you’re constantly dragging each other down and can’t at least see each other as equal
So let it go, because it’s for the best
I don’t know why you would even want to settle for less
Find someone who will stamp your name into the back of their eyelids and every time they try to sleep all they see is you
It’s what you really deserve and you have to believe it’s true
I also know that the path to a woman’s heart was through the soul of an honest man
So I will be 100% honest with you, and will love you always, that’s my plan
And thank God Always is not a 7 letter word and I’m sure it’s something you may have already heard
Where I’m not the first, second or even the third
But where I differ is I am a man of my word
And I’m tired, can’t think of anything I want more than to lay my face in your lap, feel your hand on my head and remain like that through all eternity
And I say that will all sincerity
So don’t let these lessons harden your heart
Cause there are two type of people: those who love life more than they fear it, those who fear life more than they love it and finding the right one for you is the best part

And I want to marry you, and watch the fire in your eyes burn as your face begins to wrinkle. I want to see how you are 50 years from now, and know that I married the woman whose soul could never die. I want to hear you when you are angry and to laugh when you are happy, I want to know that I have someone who understands that life is tough, but it’s good when you have someone with you. I want to know that at the end of my life, I had someone that I could love and who loved me back.’

So if you don’t know… I love you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back