Black People : If you don't believe in what we are doing, why do you post here?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Jul 6, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Destee.com is a unique place on the internet. It is devoted to loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching, and building with black people. Although there are many black websites on the internet, few have this focus in mind. As a result there have been literally thousands of members over the 4 years this site has existed, who have joined to socialize & communicate with other “community” minded (conscious) black people. This website has even attracted blacks from other countries (many of whom believe in PanAfricanism), who wish to converse and learn with blacks from other nations. Unfortunately this website has also attracted blacks (or at least people advertising themselves as black), that do not wish to build with other black people. Their views are so off-center from the principles of the website, so different from the theme of loving, encouraging, embracing, and teaching black people. The only purpose of their continued presence seems to be to serve as a disruption and distraction to what the rest of us are trying to build together. Our Queen Mother, Destee, has said on occasion that this place is not for everyone. We don’t claim to be all things to all people. Therefore if one does not agree with our goals, why do they remain? Indeed if you don’t agree with loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching, and building with black people, then why post on Destee.com?

It is easy to achieve goals with like minded people. It is also easier to build in a peaceful environment. I for one do not believe in interracial dating; however, I understand people have a right to date outside of their race. For this reason, I do not frequent interracial dating/social websites (of which there are many). If I were to frequently inhabit and post anti-interracial messages on interracial forums…my behavior could be considered “harassment”. It would be harassment, since I don’t agree with the views expressed at these websites, I have no business going on there. Similarly I don't hang up at white supremacist websites either! If I don't agree with what they are doing, why would I hang among them (unless I wanted to undermine their efforts)? I am a firm believer of letting people live in peace, even those who live in ways I don't approve of (unless it is illegal). This can be said of most black people. As a rule we believe in letting people live in peace. This is particularly true if another people are not doing us any grievous harm. One thing I’ve noticed is that the live & let live philosophy seems to be rare among white people. White people have a habit of harassing and attempting to intimidate people who do not share their views. Many communities of color have been destroyed…many nations have been colonized because of this way of thinking. This mentality has been expressed by some members who despite their disparaging views about black self-determination & black nationalism, are determined to remain on the website. Knowing what this website is about, why come on if you do not agree? Is your goal to deny us a peaceful environment to build within? Is this behavior not to be considered harassment? Finally do you expect us to treat this behavior as harassment?

2. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    well stated panafrica...
    well stated.....

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Again, Pan, that was the substance unsaid on the Black Conservative thread... What is their true purpose for posting at this website??? Birds of a feather flock together, and though many birds may share the same color feather, does not make them of the same bird...

If they were up in here to commisserate with us as brethren, without spouting the conservative ideology, that would be different... But these folks come up in here attempting to proselytize us to their ideology - the White Conservative idelogy... And it is the White Man's version of conservatism, as African Americans are a conservative lot based on our value system... Many of us were even FOOLED big time into voting conservative this last election by all of the same-sex marriage subterfuge... That is because it touched a deeply ingrained religious and spiritual value we hold dear, and that is man, woman, and family - Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve...

So, even as we are a conservative group(value wise), why has the the White Conservatives FAILED miserably to reach us in large numbers??? That is the question I posed to KingPin, Indya, and Oceolo, and NONE dared offer an opinion on it... We know the ideology is inimical, and runs counter to our interests as a people... It seeks to have us forget about the present, as well as, past injustices inflicted upon our people, and make peace with being pariahs in our own backyard... It seeks, again, to make us bow down as White Man's servant's, and love our servitude... It is Dixiecrat/states rights/jim crow segregationism all dressed up in Sunday go-to-meetin' clohtes covering it's wolfish rapacity...

That people of African descent would conspire with the our chief enemies, to draw us into a lethal ambush is, yes, fratricidal and selfish, but it speaks to how terrilby brainwashed and de-neutered SOME of us are as a people... Happily, most of us are strong men and women, and will not bow to the subterfuge and lies, and propaganda...

Another question in my mind about these folks, is the question of their TRUE ETHNICITY... Are these folks truly African people... One guy positively hates that we would dare refer to ourselves as AFrican... Lost his mind in Africa, I tell ya...

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. Kingpin

Kingpin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3

Pan it isnt that some of us disagree with everythiing posted here I for one read a lot on the health issues and parenting area that I have nothing but full agreement on. As for like minded people that is fine as long as these "like minded" never come into contact with anyone who does not think like they do. Its great to deal with people who are just like you that makes life very easy but unfortunatley we all live in this world and not everyone thinks or acts just alike..

Wouldnt you like to hear what others think and feel so that you can eventually converse without arguing or fighting.

To understand one another should be the primary goal of everyone on this planet, if we do than we will be better able to get along...

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    Kingpin.....

ain't you the one saying "like it or leave it"?
    you say that if we blacks don't like America we should go.
    if you don't like our site why don't you go?

why don't you hang with your neocon brothers?

6. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Ditto, brother Elder! That's what I said last night after you inferred that I was being prickly... What's gotten into you, sir???(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well said brutha pan ......i couldn't agree more, there will always be different
    views on many subjects at hand and it could be that we are still so divided
    those who don't agree with what we doing as a whole here at destee.com
    is in fact a big distraction , many of these threads are full of imformation but
    breaks down by industrialize individuals who will not or even open to see
    the view of another which set off heated disagreements and fuel into name
    calling time to weave out the myth of destee.com reality !

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    the answer to your first question, KingPin, is a resounding NO! I look and see that you've posted more than 140 times, and you still haven't changed mind the first... That should bring it all home to you...

In answer to your second statement, we already understand you, and have quite eloquently laid it out what you, and those of your ilk are all about... You may persist, but my thinking is that you are only here to be disruptive, and the more you post this will be made plain... So you continue on posting, because that which you do in darkness shall come to the light in its time...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Censorship?

Just because one or more individuals express a view that may not be agreed with by the majority, does not mean that they dont feel that they are embracing, teaching, loving, or encouraging. There have been threads here against child molestors. Though we may all agree with the premise. Said threads definitely werent any of the above adjectives. People for or against: IR relationships, right/left wing ideology, black nationalism, gays/lesbians, etc etc etc, should be allowed to express their views. The room will quickly decide whether they deserve commentary. Some threads receive 100s of posts, some receive one. This is not really the perview of a moderator until the comments get personal. I have seen situations in here of late that hardly rise to that standard.
    I see nothing wrong with a healthy dose of disagreement occassionally. It just may shake some from their false reality. Sometimes a different point of view can be revelatory. I think we may be a little too quick with the shutting down of threads and banning here. I think we may be guilty of acting as those we accuse.

10. BlackKing

BlackKing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    100% agreed! Censorship is definitely more of a dividing factor than anything else. As long as it is kept slander free, OPEN, healthy dialogue is beautiful. The majority of the members on this site (which I consider quite intelligent) have proven that.