Black People : If you didn't know, who would you say was "in charge" in this photo?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Oct 26, 2012.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    1. Remove your political glasses
    2. Forget everything you know about everyone in the room
    3. Take a good look
    4. Answer the question:

Who would you say was "in charge" in this photo?

[​IMG]

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    The wrong answer would be the resident.

The answer I think you seek would be the only one that's not paying attention to the screen and obviously sending messages via laptop which is the commander sitting next to the resident...

The unseen answer would be the camera man who set it all up.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I would not say anyone was in charge if I did not know anything about the picture.

Understanding that it's probably a picture showing the viewers watching a video where Osama Bin Laden is killed. I would presume the General beside the President had watched the video before. But I couldn't make a statement on who was in charge. Just maybe that the General is showing the video to other people in the Government.

It's much like if it were a Movie being shown, we wouldn't suppose anyone is in charge--just that one person already saw the Movie.

I personally do not see what's to gain by these exercises. To imply anyone in the room is more in charge than the President isn't even accurate.

For instance, if the General had been watching intently too--would that imply no one was in charge? Come on! Why would the General who obviously already studied the film be watching intently?

We critique the pundits who claim turning off the volume to a debate is worthwhile, then we throw up a photo to play "Guess Who?" Geez.

5. Enejoh

Enejoh Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +130
    The picture tells it all bro, whether or not the prez is black or white hes not in charge according to the picture above.

6. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Here we are again.. all these months later back to where we started.

I would appreciate it if you would show a little respect to the intentions of the thread. This is about perception, not about Politics. You can't see the point of this because it has not yet been revealed. I know you believe that you can see around corners and that you know everything that a black person could possibly come up with.. but you don't. And I would appreciate it if you would not spoil my threads with your insinuations and your premature ramblings.
    And that goes for you and every single one of your co-signers.

7. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Brother, "Context is everything."

There's an active multi-million dollar campaign against President Obama.

In any other context, I'd hardly care. But . . . "Context is everything." ;)

8. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Context is everything.. the problem with you is that you skip the context set by each thread and proceed to
    project your own onto others in the form of accusations and innuendo.

The context of this thread is set in the opening post.

I asked you to:

1. Remove your political glasses
    2. Forget everything you know about everyone in the room
    3. Take a good look
    4. Answer the question: "If you didn't know, who would you say was "in charge" in this photo?"

That is the context for this conversation. We are not all equally yoked in capacity, understanding or intention, and I understand that everyone is not able (or willing) to make this kind of shift. And that's fine.. but the key to us all getting along is to simply respect each other.. and in the context of a discussion site, the way to show respect is to respect the stated intentions of the thread author. if you can't do that, we really don't need to hear from you. Every conversation is not for everyone.. the key to staying positive is to find the conversations that are for you.. and skip the rest.

Try that.

9. Enejoh

Enejoh Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +130
    Please lets take a closer look at the picture and see the messages been conveyed. We would do more for ourselves questioning where necessary to know from the author or authors issues we find challenging from messages and infos shared. If our goal is unity then all who respect truth, seek truth must in honesty be truthful about their intentions to share and inform, this thread stated it clearly.
    The hordes who invaded our land and brought us into this ugly situation never argued much about their intention to disorganize and dominate us once their plan was set in place.
    This is not saying we copy or imitate them but fighting amongst ourselves on this subliminal message is unecessary.
    More peace inda come unity...

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I would say no one IN the photo is "in-charge" but rather whoever/whatever that room-full of people is listening to. Yes, ONE person is NOT paying attention but everyone else is raptly and intently listening......The people in the back are even peering over shoulders to better see who/whatever is "in charge" at that moment.