Black Women : If You Could Would You Be Twenty or Twenty One Again

If you could would you be twenty or twentyone again?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Lawd Naw!!

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • It's my fondest wish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I assume this is for anyone....but there is no way on earth I would want to be that age again !!! When I was that age, the only time I ever heard of a YOUNG PERSON DYING OR BEING KILLED WAS BY OVER-DOSE OR IN AN ACCIDENT.

That is not the case today ! The young are killing each other now at a premium price that's extremely cheap. Being 20 today is not even a promise that you'll see 25 barring any accidents or bad health. Furthermore, in my time the young had a different value system. They wanted to work, they wanted education, they had a communal respect for self, children and elders.

This list could go on but this is enough for now.

I remember my twenties like they were yesterday. I spent most of those years in frustration, trying to figure out why I was given this lousy thing called life. Every day was another trial of my will. I simply didn't like much about life during those times. The only good things that happened were the education I got from passing all of those test, and I had better health then. Other than that, I could have fast forwarded to the thirties and maybe even forties, when life started to gain meaning.

mrron said:
I remember my twenties like they were yesterday. I spent most of those years in frustration, trying to figure out why I was given this lousy thing called life. Every day was another trial of my will. I simply didn't like much about life during those times. The only good things that happened were the education I got from passing all of those test, and I had better health then. Other than that, I could have fast forwarded to the thirties and maybe even forties, when life started to gain meaning.
I'm glad you decided to hang with us mrron. And I am glad you were able to gain from your trials rather than just oozing through them.

At age 23 my severe hearing loss progressed to profound deafness. Then at age 29 I became legally blind. At a time when I should have been caring for children and utilizing my talents and education in the work world I was just floundering along with no kind of social life possible. I did not know that at age 35 I would regain my sense of hearing and even now I do not know that one day I may get my eyesight again. But I know that the only Mirriam-Webster in my life is me. I give life meaning by deciding to live and touch others with whatever gifts have been provided to me. After so many years of not being awar of anyone's needs but my own it is the most important thing to me to have something to give.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back