Black Women : If You Could Would You Be Twenty or Twenty One Again

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by river, May 17, 2007.

?

If you could would you be twenty or twentyone again?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Lawd Naw!!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. It's my fondest wish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    And tell us why or why not.

2. Rukiya

Rukiya New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I can say with much ease that I am looking forward to the end of my 20's. Im 26 years old and glad that the ride is 50% over, lol! Ive been enjoying my journey no doubt, and trying to learn as much as I can along the way, but I often feel as though Im constantly walking in the dark without a flashlight with only my faith to guide to me.
    So, heckies nah I wouldnt want to go back, lol! Now, if I could go back knowing what I know now...then...maybe. ;-)

[​IMG]

~Rukiya~
    www.soulburbia.com

3. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I already am 21

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello Rukiya!:wave:

I see you have been a member for awhile now, but rarely post. This leave me to believe you are unfamiliar with our policy for posting links to personal sites.

I don't want to discourage you from posting, surely you are most welcomed to do so. However, including a link to your personal web site is a reserved benefit for our Premium Members.

If you would like to provide a link to your web site, you are welcome to do so here.

I must ask you not to post links to your site in any other post. By becoming a Premium Member, this would allot you the right to do so.

Please consider becoming a Premium Member.

:heart:

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Yes, and no. I say yes because I'mma miss my 20's... and have no clue what 30-dom holds. Ah well. This is my last year to "wild out". :peace:

On the flipside, you ain't know nuffin in your 20's. Men running game, supervisors using you like a mule because they KNOW you want to be able to afford those new designer shoes, parents still dictating your life, and never agree with you (that goes against the P-code... parent code). Fewls asking for your ID. SMH. I was good at 27, but go back to 20... heyull to the naw! SMH & LOL

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I assume this is for anyone....but there is no way on earth I would want to be that age again !!! When I was that age, the only time I ever heard of a YOUNG PERSON DYING OR BEING KILLED WAS BY OVER-DOSE OR IN AN ACCIDENT.

That is not the case today ! The young are killing each other now at a premium price that's extremely cheap. Being 20 today is not even a promise that you'll see 25 barring any accidents or bad health. Furthermore, in my time the young had a different value system. They wanted to work, they wanted education, they had a communal respect for self, children and elders.

This list could go on but this is enough for now.

7. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I remember my twenties like they were yesterday. I spent most of those years in frustration, trying to figure out why I was given this lousy thing called life. Every day was another trial of my will. I simply didn't like much about life during those times. The only good things that happened were the education I got from passing all of those test, and I had better health then. Other than that, I could have fast forwarded to the thirties and maybe even forties, when life started to gain meaning.

8. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I'm glad you decided to hang with us mrron. And I am glad you were able to gain from your trials rather than just oozing through them.

At age 23 my severe hearing loss progressed to profound deafness. Then at age 29 I became legally blind. At a time when I should have been caring for children and utilizing my talents and education in the work world I was just floundering along with no kind of social life possible. I did not know that at age 35 I would regain my sense of hearing and even now I do not know that one day I may get my eyesight again. But I know that the only Mirriam-Webster in my life is me. I give life meaning by deciding to live and touch others with whatever gifts have been provided to me. After so many years of not being awar of anyone's needs but my own it is the most important thing to me to have something to give.

9. Alby353

Alby353 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes! I miss the fun I had in my early 20's!

10. Sweet Essence

Sweet Essence Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    whew 21 again? yes, but it will have to be 1984 when life was GREAT, loaf of bread was under a $1, postage was cheap, the air was cleaner to breath, clothes was cheap, black love was still more together, the music from the 70's was still kickin and I was still gigglin fallin in love !!! lolol