Black Entertainment : If you could produce your own Black movie....

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by MsInterpret, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I got this question off of Conscious Black Thinkers group on FB and thought it was a fun and interesting question...

If you could Produce and Direct you own Black Movie what would it be called? Who would you cast as your leading roles? And, What would the movie be about?

2. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Hatshepsut's -----, where "-----" means some position that's well not Hatshepsut. As to people to cast, Black people: probably new actors and actresses. As to what it's about--Hatshepsut, whom some call the greatest female ruler ever, but from a third-person point of view. Though I do not study films, I can understand their role in, say, for lack of a better word, propaganda. White folk had "Queen Christine" and made up some fiction that White folk could be royal (joking :-p)--but we have an actual female Pharaoh and if this movie was produced, at least we can remind the world that "All kings' kings had kinks since days of old." The third-person effect only has to do with freedom of the story. In my point of view, historical fiction is more free when the historical figure isn't the lead--you can still hear Hatshepsut's pontifications by having a handy friend listen. Plus, you can show proper and good relationships without faking a true history.

Of course, I don't get why one would write out their blockbuster ideas on the internet.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    hmmmmm! Interesting ......

I would say it would be a great mystery but base on our today reality
    the name would have to come when i start creating the novel of it.
    who would cast it .......Another big question but i can say i would
    want to bring in some of the great old legendary actors and actresses
    this would mix with young and old as it unfold.
    about a 2:47Mins. movie

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    A Black version of the original "Thief of Bhagdad" with Larry Fishburne as the evil Vizier, Alfre Woodard as his evil assistant, Denzel Washington as the Prince, Kerry Washington as the Princess of Bazra, Cedric the Entertainer as her father, Ving Rhames as the Genie and Chris Rock as the Thief.

Also;
    the Story of Fred Hampton, starring Columbus Short
    Ida B Wells; starring Mo Nique
    Black Wall street: Maya Angelou, Morgan Freeman, Belafonte, 50 Cent, Sister Souljah, Ludicrous, Josh Brolin
    Bessie Smith: Queen Latifah, Mos Def, Common, Cedric the Entertainer, Ashanti, Tom Waitts, Leo Cohen
    Hannibal: Anthony Mackie, Kerry Washington, Jeffrey Wright, The Rock, Michael Clarke Duncan, Sting, Geoffrey Rush, Christopher Lee

and a Kemetic; 8,000 BC, Sword and Sorcery flik, written by Sophia Stewart, and directed by Spike Lee in collaboration with the Hughes brothers ,(from Hell) of course in 3D