Black People : If You Can't Eat You Will Die - Who Provides Your Food?

Who Provides Your Food?

• I Do

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Others Do

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

If you cannot eat, you will die. We cannot collectively feed our own selves, right now, today.

Most of us will die in 30 days or less, if the government, business entities, etc., choose to stop allowing us access to food.

Using the simple strategy of starvation ... no costly bombs, poisons, ropes, or guns ... we'd have a maximum of 30 days to turn it around or die.

I do not produce (grow) enough food to sustain my Family's life, and I don't know any Black People that do.

Do you know someone that has overcome this great vulnerability? Have you? If so, please tell us how to do it too.

Please vote in the poll above, and leave your comments below. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Do You Provide Your Own Food::
::

Our Beloved Ancestor Marcus Garvey, March I8, I923 ... almost 100 years ago :

I am going back now to the bread-and-butter question. Do you know that every Negro in Liberty Hall tonight can die out by the end of this month without anybody poisoning you, without anybody putting a rope around your neck, without anybody shooting you or without anybody doing any bodily harm to you? Do you know? By starving. There is not a man in this building tonight who, if denied food for thirty days, would be able to resist death by starvation. What do I mean by that? I mean this: that we are so careless of ourselves, so careless of our future, that tonight 15,000,000 of us in America are dependent upon the white man for our daily existence, our daily sustenance and our daily bread. If the white man should say in another twenty-four hours that "I will not employ any more Negroes in my industry, on my farms or in my business," what would happen? Fifteen million Negroes would be jobless in the United States of America. And if you were kept jobless for a day or a week and rendered unable to go to the grocer to buy your provisions or to pay your rent to your landlord on the 1st or the 15th of the month and you were kept jobless for two weeks, everyone of us would have to leave our homes in Harlem and go out into the streets, unable to go to the grocer, and every one of us would be dying on the streets of New York, and I feel sure the white man would not have any objection to supplying the coffins to bury us by the hundreds, because it will be in keeping with his plan to get rid of us. Such a condition of unemployment would rid this country of 15,000,000 people just as the North American Indian was exterminated. And that was the white man's plan to get rid of the Negro problem in America up to 1913. But God Almighty sent the war and created a breach. We are still in that breach and ff the 15,000,000 Negroes of America remain without action for another five or ten years and allow this country to return to normal to carry out their pre-war program, it is only a question of fifty or 100 years more when you and I will be weeded out from this Western civilization.

http://www.marcusgarvey.com/wmprint.php?ArtID=558

This is extremely important and hopefully folks will discuss this seriously with thier eextended family this holiday season

Food is so easily availabe, we seldom take time to note what havoc an emergency situation would be like.

It has been stated that if there was a major failure of available gasoline to run the trucks that deliver to the Walmarts BJs and Costcos as well as the local supermarkets ,

food would run out within 6 days.

The Nation of Islam,
Ausar Auset community
and Smau Tauii, have not only been doing food stocking and community gardening as well as major farming,
for several decades
but they have opened their doors and wisdom regarding

stocking up techniques, food preservation and rudimentary gardening.

It is important that folks learn as much about hydroponics as possible.

It is a tedious process and a little funky since it involves haveing an unsightly tent(cover it with Kinte clothe)
rectangular ;minimum 3 foot square by 5 feet high

in the corner of ones apartment, however with just water and some pumping apparatus one can produce greens, string beans some types of tomatoes, fresh herbs, and berries ,
perpetualy.

Here in Brooklyn even in the PJs folks are now allowed to grow collard greens and string beans, cucumbers, squash and eggplant, in the Pink Houses in East NY

Some form of self sustenace is extremely important

A good idea is to discuss purchasing small lots, now that real estate is cheap,
with ones extended family when folks meet for the holidatys, and plan a family pantry.

Also it would be good to replicate that with ones Block association as well.

Brother Ankhur ... thank you for the above.

Do you produce your own food, or are you like most of us, dependent on others to provide it for you?

Destee
Not yet.

With the new property I will be doing backyard gardening next year,
as well as a rooftop hot house and hydroponics.
This will be a major investment but a necessary one in lieu of the economic Katrina ahead.

Here is something from the Final Call;

“There is a need for environmentally-conscious community members to become involved in sustainable gardening or agriculture projects in their neighborhoods,” Mr. Muhammad told The Final Call. The interest and popularity of gardening is also on the rise observe some.

According to Vicki Garrett, new membership in the American Community Gardening Association, has almost doubled over the last year and e-mails and phone calls have increased around 20 percent. “Web hits in 2008 were listed as 17,000 per month and they've been around 350,000 per month recently,” said Ms. Garrett.

Fifteen percent of the world's food is now grown in urban areas, said the United States Department of Agriculture. According to one source, there are as many as 18,000 community gardens in the U.S. and Canada alone, which can yield $500 to $1,200 worth of produce per year for a single family.

A personal or community garden is a way for people, especially the poor, to become more self-sufficient said Mr. Muhammad and though it takes work, the benefits are well worth it. People can begin with a small container garden or planting herbs and even vegetables in small pots. Neither option takes up much space and “it's no harder than maintaining a flower bed,” Mr. Muhammad explained.

www.finalcall.com

Not yet.

With the new property I will be doing backyard gardening next year,
as well as a rooftop hot house and hydroponics.
This will be a major investment but a necessary one in lieu of the economic Katrina ahead.

That's great. Please start a thread on it when you begin, so we can all watch and learn ... demonstrating doing, and not just talking about doing.

That would be great. It may even encourage me to get outside and dig in the ground, plant a seed, and eat it!

The Creator has provided all ingredients, earth, seed, etc., yet for some reason ... we historically and currently depend on others to feed us.

Your example may be the start of something great Brother Ankhur! :grouphug:

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back