Black Spirituality Religion : If you are loved by the Lord, you will be a liberated soul

dattaswami1

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 28, 2005
If you are loved by the Lord, you will be a liberated soul

If you are loved by the Lord, you will be a liberated soul belonging to His inner circle and you will attain eternal bliss by being close to the Lord. Ananda (Bliss) means continuous happiness without any break by misery. Brahmaananda means the continuous happiness of God, which is several times intensive than the continuous happiness of a realized soul here (Manushaananda). Bliss of God is not only continuous but also has the highest intensity.

Suppose a person got one lakh rupees and another person got one crore rupees by lottery. Both celebrate their happiness on that day continuously. Since their happiness is continuous, it is bliss (Ananda). But there is difference in the intensities of bliss of these two persons. By self-realization, you can get the bliss of the soul (Atmaananda) but that is not the bliss of God (Brahmaananda), which is millions and millions times more intensive. Mere continuity of happiness, which is common in both, cannot be misunderstood to unite both these as one.

Actually you are attaining the peace only by self-realization because by this you are detached from the body and the external world for some time by limiting your self to the soul. By this you are avoiding misery and absence of misery is not happiness. Moreover, when you avoid misery, you have to avoid the happiness also in the detachment. In such case you are assuming the peace as happiness relatively with reference to misery. Zero is plus with reference to minus. Such assumed plus cannot be the real plus. Therefore, the peace assumed as happiness in the self-realization is not even the real worldly happiness (Manushaananda) and you cannot think it as Brahmaananda even in dream.
Even a saint sitting in the meditation with self-realization enjoying the peace as assumed happiness will suddenly leave that state if you tell him that he got a noble prize for his spiritual knowledge and he starts enjoying the real happiness from that worldly affair! When Uddhava started preaching Gopikas about self-realization to attain constant peace and get rid of the misery caused by separation from Krishna, one Gopika asked him whether such peace is not the silence of a dead body! She told him that even in the misery due to separation from Krishna, bliss is enjoyed by her in the love of the Lord! She concluded that even misery in the love and service of the Lord is the highest bliss, which is far better than the peace of self-realization.

Therefore, your aim should not be to attain the bliss from the Lord but it should be your service and love (even if it ends in misery) that gives bliss to the Lord. Then, in turn you will receive the infinite divine bliss since you are not selfish at all in the Nivrutti.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

If you are loved by the Lord, you will be a liberated soul

And you are certainly loved and forever will be loved when you love the King; there is no greater love on this earth I know better than the Father's and the Son's. Where others rejected me, they took me in. Where others gave up on me, they gave me a chance. And where others saw me as worthless, they gave me worth.

By the faith He's shared with me, by His sacrifice for me, and by His resurrection from the dead, which He promises to all His faithful, I have hope, and I have life. Only the blood of the Son's sacrifice can cleanse us to the point of being well and readied for His salvation; we all need it, but only few actually believe in it and work for it.