Black People : if we so smart why ain't we rich?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jun 26, 2012.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i cannot help but notice the number of very smart individuals who we have gathered here at destee.
    folk here know it all. esoteric knowledge, african traditional religions, ancient black civilizations.
    i can barely talk with these people they are so advanced.

we got the ones who know the real deal about hip hop.
    we got ones who know all about the political system and why we should not vote.

i could go on and on about the talent here.

so i ask the question that i asked once before.

what with all the brilliant array of talent that we have gathered here together why are black people doing so poorly?

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    We are rich. You said so yourself we have all this talent here. Are you measuring richness based on the eurocentric matrix standard? There are talented people here, yourself included.

What do you expect from the talented people here as a unit? I don't think the talented people here are why black people are doing so poorly (in your words).

I get the premise of your comment. You and I both know we didn't arrive here yesterday and it won't change tomorrow, but at least we have some of level of communication open here. Everything has a starting point. Maybe we can build something right here and now. I don't have a business plan, but I have manpower, computer skill and a willingness to build.

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I will get off your lawn.

4. candee

candee Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well if we as black people had everything handed to them or had the chance to build on old money for generations or keep other folks land we would be "rich" today too prolly!

5. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Well if our ancestors had a chance to work for gold, coins, dollars, land cattle etc. and not for free of charge maybe their children could've built on old money, land and we could be "rich" now . Or if we could've never been classified as "whatever" at money sources maybe we could have a better chance at striking it "rich"!

6. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    Seems like your talking about individual people so maybe you should ask those individual people why knowing what they know hasn't brought them any wealth

7. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    People who think of themselves as black are doing a pretty good job at what they are most focused upon. Most are not rich, economically, because being rich is not what they are most focused upon. They are focused upon working for white folks, which is what they [including President Obama] are doing a pretty good job at.

They may say they want to be rich, but their actions reveal they are more focused upon making white folks rich.

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    as long as i have enough money to keep a roof over my head and some grub in my belly im good....
    i am rich with family, friends and knowledge of self....which is way more important than money imho....

one love
    khasm

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i am not talking about material wealth. i am using an old expression. "if you so smart why ain't you rich" it's a metaphor.
    i am asking, with the array of brilliant know it alls that we have gathered here today why are black people doing so poorly?

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733