Black Spirituality Religion : If this is Hell, how do I get out?

There are non-Abrahamic religions which have some symbolic concept of hell as well. They just might call it something else. In the case of KMT, after you die Tehuti weighs your heart against the feather of Ma'at. Where you go next depends on whether your heart was lighter, the same weight, or heavier. Which to me [stepping outside the Mystery] implies multiple levels of hell.

Hindus get real creative. They have multiple levels of hell and of heaven which can even be in different worlds:

http://www.bellaterreno.com/art/a_religion/hindu/hinduism_spiritworld.aspx

But, how ever a religion describes hell literally, the ones I have read about invariably have some concept of multiple destinations/states you go to after mortal death. I figure there is some Original Truth which is at the Root of all these myths. And, these days, I actually am leaning toward thinking our current mortal journey here on Planet Earth is a level of Hell.

There was a period during my hospitalization, admittedly when I was under the influence of a powerful narcotic [Percocet], when I would bounce from nightmare to nightmare, each one involving me going thru some sort of painful ordeal. Just before I would die in each nightmare, I would 'wake' to what I thought was 'real life' only to later realize I was going thru yet another nightmare.

That was, I think, what it would be like reincarnating through multiple lives all playing out in levels of hell.

Thanks for sharing. In Santeria (my house) we don't have a concept of hell. So it is hard for me to relate to. For us, Live is a journey, a challenge if you will. If one is remembered well, one is thought of kindly and spirit is looked for guidence. If one has been a jerk, then one is forgotten.

AXE

Thanks for sharing. In Santeria (my house) we don't have a concept of hell. So it is hard for me to relate to. For us, Live is a journey, a challenge if you will. If one is remembered well, one is thought of kindly and spirit is looked for guidence. If one has been a jerk, then one is forgotten.

AXE

No promise of immortality if you live a 'good' life? When you die a mortal death, you cease to exist other than as memories in the minds of others?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back