Black Spirituality Religion : If this is Hell, how do I get out?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, Apr 20, 2012.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Recently, I started a thread asking if this [Earth] was Hell?

Now, I need to ask a followup question. It this [Earth] is Hell, how do I get out?

Various belief systems speak of different levels of Hell. Catholics have purgatory and limbo and who knows what else that got grandfathered in from the Greek nine or so levels of Hell. Protestants are more comfortable with one Hell where all the sinners go. But, to be strictly accurate, Jesus told a parable about Lazarus and the rich man dying[Luke 16:19-31 where neither is said to go to heaven. Lazarus went to "Abraham's bosom" [where ever that is supposed to be] and the rich man went to "hell".

Which has me thinking they both may have ended up in different levels of hell. Abraham's bosom may be a less stressful place.

Now, think about some people you have seen here on Earth --- confined to a wheelchair, face contorted in some sort of permanent grimace, always groaning. Could that be one of the lower levels of hell? And, could those who seem better off here in Earth be in or nearer to Abraham's bosom but still not in heaven?

Here is the deal and I will speak plain. After my ordeals before, during, and after Open Heart Surgery, I am sure of one thing. I do _not_ want to die and wake up only to find out I have to go thru another life in this place called Planet Earth.

So, help a brotha out. What do I need to do to reach Heaven at the end of this lifetime?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    be nice to me?:angel1:

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I'm going to have to agree with James on this one.
    Be nice to James, and I'm sure you will get to heaven.

4. Corvo

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,771
  5. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Truth from my vantage point is that most overthink things on this heaven and hell subject. I do not claim to know what is what spiritually as there are many things physically that I do not know about so I am a "show it to me conclusively" type of person.

There may be a "God" but it may not be what some want it to be or ideals they were expecting, on the flip-side it just might be. Some that are "spiritually" invested may claim they have the answer and possibly they may have it, I'm just saying I want to be clued into the workings of the supposed "eventuality", and not from the postings, texts, books, and mouths of men or women, from the divine themselves.

I may be predetermined as a heathen and do not "deserve" a direct answer. I suppose I can deal with that and go on with my life as is. Just crazy that something as important as a higher being uplifting people asks the majority to believe and rely on others to preach as opposed to coming to people to prove what is what. I guess what I am getting at is "Is what is dive truly divine... or something else altogether?"

I am not trying to derail anyone's faith, I am constantly waiting for that "divine" experience that will cast away ALL doubts for me.

For those that hate my stance, my "heathenism" is recognized on my part and I am not an atheist in a sense as I only claim as I really do not know.

6. Corvo

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    It's cool to see things in a different light. Most of us do, to one extent or an other. There is no one way, to understand whats within us and what is with us. It takes time to see clearly, to feel that that we are a part of.

7. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    There are non-Abrahamic religions which have some symbolic concept of hell as well. They just might call it something else. In the case of KMT, after you die Tehuti weighs your heart against the feather of Ma'at. Where you go next depends on whether your heart was lighter, the same weight, or heavier. Which to me [stepping outside the Mystery] implies multiple levels of hell.

Hindus get real creative. They have multiple levels of hell and of heaven which can even be in different worlds:

http://www.bellaterreno.com/art/a_religion/hindu/hinduism_spiritworld.aspx

But, how ever a religion describes hell literally, the ones I have read about invariably have some concept of multiple destinations/states you go to after mortal death. I figure there is some Original Truth which is at the Root of all these myths. And, these days, I actually am leaning toward thinking our current mortal journey here on Planet Earth is a level of Hell.

There was a period during my hospitalization, admittedly when I was under the influence of a powerful narcotic [Percocet], when I would bounce from nightmare to nightmare, each one involving me going thru some sort of painful ordeal. Just before I would die in each nightmare, I would 'wake' to what I thought was 'real life' only to later realize I was going thru yet another nightmare.

That was, I think, what it would be like reincarnating through multiple lives all playing out in levels of hell.

8. Corvo

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Thanks for sharing. In Santeria (my house) we don't have a concept of hell. So it is hard for me to relate to. For us, Live is a journey, a challenge if you will. If one is remembered well, one is thought of kindly and spirit is looked for guidence. If one has been a jerk, then one is forgotten.

AXE

9. cariol

cariol Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    When you find the answer let me know

10. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    No promise of immortality if you live a 'good' life? When you die a mortal death, you cease to exist other than as memories in the minds of others?