Black Women : If The Temparature Was Right And There Were No Social Taboos Would You...

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by river, Sep 4, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Wear any clothes at all?

Yesterdayy I went shopping for clothes and almost everything I tried on was too small. I am not fat but by the time I find a pair of pants that will go over the "hump" the legs are way too long.

When I was eight years old my mom heard me say "I can't fit these pants." She said "No, say the pants don't fit you. You're not supposed to fit your clothes. Your clothes are supposed to fit you." This was encouraging for my self-esteem yet it is still disheartening sometimes when my only choices seem to be clothes cut for people with long waists and flat behinds. Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to wear clothes at all. Put them on brotha Oldsoul's list of 9 Stops to Power.

2. dajiboo

dajiboo Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn'i go so far as to say I wouldn't wear any clothes, maybe a sundress or something. But the feeling is mutual about the pants. I'm 5'2" with a whole lot of hips, butt, thighs, and an almost none exisiting torso(my torso is really short) so it's almost impossible to find jeans that fit. Low rise don't work, because my butt is so there's no purpose to even try. And if I were regular jeans right there are right under my breast. So, I spend a lot of time in skirts now days.

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    We are the same!
    I can only shop at certain stores.
    The pants everywhere else are too long or too big in the waist or my hips and butt stop them!
    I wouldn't go naked, sox is a must!:coffee:

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I wouldn't necessarily prefer to be naked or near naked. I would rather sport a wrap top (sleeveless, strapless), since I am very top heavy, and already have to buy shirts 2 sizes bigger than my frame. We all know all bigger tops look like sheets anyway. So, I'd opt for the tube tops.

Now for the lower extremities, I don't "do" a lot of denim, I find it restricting, unless it's the stretch type. I love shorts, preferably short shorts, since I am very leggy, and love to move about with out restriction. A fitted tank top and a flowing sarong type skirt would suit me well too...flat, cushy, fashionable sandals. As bare as possible while leaving much to the imagination:).

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I feel ya, sista spicy.

Though I can't wear short shorts--I'd have to get a crow bar and some turpentine to pry the eyes off my universal joint:D

But we know our bodies. Let the clothes suit us not the other way around.

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    ^5, but around the house with just US...child gone..."off with the fabrics"...it boosts the level of comfort and trust with the s/o.

:)

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Comfort and freedom.. You;re not just taking off the clothes but taking off the cares, the stress, worries and demands of this world. Beautiful feeling.

8. Sweet baby_face

Sweet baby_face Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student by day, Poet by night
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yep!!!!!!!!
    :grouphug: everybody.

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Yeah, I'd still wear clothes. I mean, since I don't wear clothes based on social taboos, I certainly wouldn't stop wearing if there were none.

Clothes are a hard fit to find, though, when working with not so flat assets, both my sister and I do know. We are different a shape and size compared with one another, but neither of us has the easiest time finding clothes that aren't to tight, long, baggy, or short. But we do find and manage, lol

10. Honey1201

Honey1201 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    Can you pass those long pants over this way please ma'am! I have a had time finding pants for my legs since I'm 6'0 feet tall lol....not a lot of stores cater to us tall womens needs. :(