Black People : If the roles were reversed: & Irony of Aparthied

naija-man

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 17, 2003
PLANET EARTH
Occupation
STUDENT
The 1st clip 4 me:
was deep, it did make me think wat if the white folks had it bad?
would there be a big wall of hatred dividing blacks and whites, would outside nations, have done more 2 end aprthied sooner.

the 2nd clip for me:
it's funny how dey are complaining now...but not too long ago these folks were in one way or another benefiting from apartheid. Now the tables have turned. I do feel sorry 4 dem a lil bit, but hey, thats life,

their fore-fathers(the europians) were foolish to think dey can claim another people's land and live eazy...
Justice has been served.

the first - the tv channel SABC1 is trying to show you the 'new' SA - Mzansi being a slang term for SA.. the South. The majority of whites are a LOOONG way from reaching the townships of SA - in this ad - pretending to be ghetto, adopting the 'community' feel of it... grrrrr.. ghetto whites dont have 'community'.. they have belligerent 'fronts'. So yeah - although no outright tangible reason why the ad was dropped (it wasnt banned - it aired for awhile) I dont want any sympathy ridden ad on the screens for the folk. The white guy they showed had a darn good day too.. a couple racial slights.. whoop dee do.

the second? hmmm... I came across my first white south african beggar a few years ago - as I drove by I was gob-smacked. Even though I've passed white beggars across the globe my first thought here was "this isnt right!" hahahaha :help: - I actually stared! It runs deep..

regardless - I saw this clip and must say I didnt give a hoot. I felt quite smug actually (not proud of that either!) But hey - the white afrikaner has always been on the bottom rung of the white ladder.. thus the most vicious, hateful people. You know the type.. cops.. pencil pushers at banks... post offices,, red tape mongers. For the most part, seriously uneducated 'rednecks'. They were not made redundant because they were white - but because they can hardly speak/operate in an international (any!) environs - and - you have thousands of educated well spoken Black SA's to every one afrikaaner.

YET! Still!! people are running community centres, making docu's about it. grrrrr. I dont know what irks me most!

I must still be angry - because even as I type, sitting in the comfort of my home, sipping a cold drink - I'm almost pleased there is some afrikaaner out there thinking he has it rough and that guy should be **** pleased he is even welcome in the township - I dont think I could be that kind.

I'm still expressing anger, eh? sigh...

grrrrrr

naija-man said:
The 1st clip 4 me:
was deep, it did make me think wat if the white folks had it bad?
would there be a big wall of hatred dividing blacks and whites, would outside nations, have done more 2 end aprthied sooner..

If the white folk had it bad they'd find a way to make it worse for the others ;) its all relative.. besides.. the guy in the ad didnt have it so bad - unlike the real township dwellers.

naija-man said:
the 2nd clip for me:
it's funny how dey are complaining now...but not too long ago these folks were in one way or another benefiting from apartheid. Now the tables have turned. I do feel sorry 4 dem a lil bit, but hey, thats life,

their fore-fathers(the europians) were foolish to think dey can claim another people's land and live eazy...
Justice has been served.

The tables didnt turn - some people (and not many) finally got a seat at the table - that's all. you're looking at a very small.. VERY small group of folk here. but they got it on youtube ;)

The slogan "no man left behind" comes to mind here.. globally, they meant no WHITE man left behind.

grrrrr

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back