Pan Africanism : If 'racism' is the natural interaction between races . . .

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Asomfwaa, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    " . . . Then to go beyond racism is to cease the interaction between races."

Hotep Siblings,

A Brother wrote to me that "racism" will always exist on this planet. But for his part, he will "eat, drink, sleep blackness," so I responded with the above "If--then."

I continued with how unless we organize for independent lifestyles, we will necessarily suffer 'racism.'

Then of course I pointed out how I am an organizer (and asking if he is one), how our people need more organizers, and more importantly, how our people need to support organizers.

I liked it so much I typed it here. :)

But what do you all think?

I think that one can debate the idea of whether this is the natural interaction of all races--or the natural interaction of European people exclusively, but I find the crux is with organizers and supporters thereupon.

Hotep

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "racism", "interaction between" and "race" have as much to do with Natural as "organizers" and "supporters" does.

i.e., none!

"organize for independent lifestyles" ...​
    hmmm.... :thinking:

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I'm not completely sure about this and still thinking, but my first thoughts concerning Europeans is that I believe their entire existence is based on issues of race. For them 'racism' is how they live, eat, breathe, sleep...they are organizers and supporters of race relations and racism, but i don't feel that all races of people are like this. But because there are some like the Europeans who have developed on the basis of believing they are superior, then we need to counteract it, if we want to survive. We need organizers and supporters of our race too. We need to support independent lifestyles. I don't know if that is addressing this post, but those are my thoughts for now.

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I would say conquest instead of race, in my opinion.

5. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Racism is not a natural interaction, at lease not in many places that I have been to. But a great many Euros, Arabs, Japanese, Koreans and Chinese are, as are the yews.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    First of all, this terminology that has been defined as racism is of European origin (French). Secondly, has anyone ever come across evidence of racism in any ancient history anywhere?...I know that I haven't. What I have come across is "nationalism" and every group of people (notice that I didn't say race) has a right to be nationalistic about their people and the lands in which they occupy. Why so?...because generally the differences are always based upon "culture" and not race. Let me state something else about this without too much digression. In general when a nation conquers another nation of people who have cultural differences, the dominant group that wins the war or invasion imposes their values, standards and cultural realities upon the losers of that conflict. I have to mention this in order to demonstrate how truly awesome we are as a people.

When the Greeks invaded ancient Kemet, they imposed nothing upon our people. Instead they began to adopt OUR ANCESTORS ways, culture and teachings. They made us their teachers which they in turn imposed upon the Romans. This is why their cultures had Gods and Goddesses. Now how often have you ever heard of a conquering nation taking on the culture and teachings of a people that they have conquered??!! This is equally why their greatest achievement was to be able to ascend the throne of Kemet. In essence, Greece was the first multicultural society on the earth. So for those who seek to define Greece as strictly a white civilization, forget it. The people that we classify as Europeans such as the Germans, Russians, the British, the Scottish, the Irish and so forth, are strictly an A.D. people...which means that they have no history what so ever!! Even the Romans talked about them like dogs in terms of their intelligence. Ask any of them what they were doing in any B.C. time frame and none of them can tell you. They had no writing or anything else until the Romans...and they still didn't get it then.

So racism can not be natural because our people were the first Arabs before being bleached out of there by the invading neanderthals from the caucus mountains. Our people were the first people in China, Japan, India, America, South America as well as Amexum (what people call America).
    I say all of this to say that "racism" is a new phenomenon on the earth in the sense that we know it and should never ever be confused with nationalism.

7. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I characterize this as tribalism.

Nationalism refers to a nation which would include a polity (government) plus territory.
    We could think of nations as super tribes.

Etymologically, race originally meant tribe or nation.

8. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Think out loud. It's a blessing. :)

Far as Asian ideas of supremacy are concerned, it's ancient. Though these are "Western Asians," and "West of that," the Muslims, the Indians and the Jews have beliefs of superiority more ancient than, as Keita Kenyatta points out, A.D.

9. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    It's not unfair to replace the wording. I only borrowed the term from with whom I was speaking.

My main intent is to replace the mindset of complaining to a mindset of active support.

I read around and see that we complain a lot; but beyond lip-service, most of us are not opponents of "racism" or "conquest."

Have you noticed this?

Another Marcus Garvey quotation:

"[We] must not mistake lip-service and noise for bravery and service."

I noticed, we make the mistake everyday.

10. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    The person in question believed that "racism" was inevitable. I put it as 'the natural interaction between the races.' Not to say that it's an intraracial interaction, but an interracial interaction. So to speak, there are three races: Asians, Africans and Europeans. Their interaction breeds racism.

Though the point on Ancient Greece and Rome and Ancient Africa hints otherwise.