Black Spirituality Religion : If Jesus was alive, who would Jesus vote for in the next presidential election?

Prizefighter16

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 14, 2004
Dear Destee Family,
are you confused about who to vote for, or are instead going to vote for the lesser of two evils? Well if you're trying to follow the phrase "What would Jesus Do?" as much as possible, here is another scenario, if Jesus was alive, who do you think Jesus would vote for? Those with biblical knowledge, if it is not any trouble, bring up as much scriptures that could contribute to a genuine answer to this question. Think of how Jesus dealt with the political aspect of life back in the day. Attribute that to now, and speak your peace. This question is only meant to cause our minds to wind a little, because really as christians, some do end up voting for the lesser of two evils. Please, if you can, answer the question. if you think he'd vote for Bush, say it, and why. For kerry, say it and the reason. If it's for nobody, say why to. i just want you're opinion. :thanks:

:jumping: :jumping: :shades: yall know i was jumpin to talk about this, i love this website, peace and love to all, and God bless.

Rashawna Wilson
aka Prizefighter16

Hello Sister Prizefighter16 ! :)

You ask, If Jesus was alive, who would Jesus vote for in the next presidential election?

Several thoughts initially came to mind when i read your post, and none stood out more than your obvious joy and happiness in being here and posting this to us! Bless your sweet heart, thanks for sharing. Okay, i'm gonna tell you the other thoughts that initially came to my mind after reading your post.

1. Many Christians believe that Jesus is alive, not "if" he was alive. Many believe that Jesus lives in them, therefore whoever they vote for, is who Jesus will be voting for. Since there will probably be many Christians voting in the election, and Jesus is living in all of them, Jesus will probably be voting many times for both Kerry and Bush.

2. Now if Jesus were just one individual person, with the ability to cast one single vote, i'd imagine that he wouldn't even bother. Why would Jesus bother with a little raggedy election in the United States of America, when his Father is the Creator of the whole entire world, responsible for it all, and it all belongs to Him! Nawww, i can't imagine Jesus really being concerned about this raggedy, fake, lying, conniving, backbiting, cheating, good for nothing, election.

3. Last but not least, i am not familiar with the way Jesus dealt with political issues back in the day. Do you mind sharing with me (us) how Jesus viewed politics? Which of the parties was his view most like, Democrats, Republicans, or Independents?

Thought provoking scenario you've presented Sister.

Again, thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Many believe that Jesus lives in them
this being the case, i've often wondered why Christians don't ACT like Jesus.
they accept him as their savior, why not as their role model?
why don't they imitate him?

if they did, there would be no "Christian Right"?
Jesus didn't own slaves, why did Christians?
Jesus didn't kill anyone, why does our "born again" president?

there is a long list of discrepancies between the life that Jesus lead and the life that "Christians" lead, why? :court:

Keita said:
He admits that he didn't come to bring peace but a sword. He admits that he came to turn father against son, mother against daughter, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law. So we definitely are not talking about no peace-bringer or lover of all people.
Your statement is a misnomer and very misleading, for here Jesus was giving strict instructions to his twelve disciples, not the world...as your statement implies. Matthew 10:34-39 reads as follows:

"Do not think that I came to bring peace to the Earth! I came to bring trouble, not peace. I came to turn sons against their fathers, daughters against their mothers, and daughters-in-law against their mothers-in-law. Your worst enemies will be in your own family. If you love your father or mother, or even your sons and daughters more than me, you are not fit to be my disciples. And unless you are willing to take up your cross and come with me, you are not fit to be my disciples. If you try to save your life, you will lose it. But if you give it up for me, you will surely find it."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back