Black People : " if it were your daughter in Seattle, what would you do ? "

No. Give me a "Rosa Parks" and I will unify around her all day, every day. But, I am not going to unify around every bad butt teenager that don't want to be told anything by anybody.

So, yes, you are wrong. I select my battles carefully. This is not one that can be won.

Only bullies fight battles they know they can win. I'm just appreciative our ancestors didn't believe that. I use to feel that same way until very recently.
I'm all better now.

Only bullies fight battles they know they can win. I'm just appreciative our ancestors didn't believe that. I use to feel that same way until very recently.
I'm all better now.

Nope, bullies select their battles based upon the perceived weakness of a potential oponent. Wise warriors select their battles based upon the principle or justification of the issue surrounding the battle.

Like I said, this girl is no "Rosa Parks". Her cause is not "Just". She is just an unruly teenager that didn't want to submit to authority. Her disobedience is not on the same level as Rosa Parks. Her disobedience is on the same level as Bebe's kids. Totally different. One is a battle that can be won on principle, the other is a battle that not only will be lost, but the one who chooses to fight that battle will turn out looking stupid for using their resources to defend a disobedient, rebellious teenager.

Find a "Rosa Parks" type situation and it's on.

peace

Right here in this thread it is easy to see who would have been out in the field and who would have loved to be up in da big house underneath massa warning him about those rebellious plottin' fiel' han's!

This thread makes it easier to see why there are so many unruly teenagers disrespecting their parents while their parents sit around acting like they have no control over their teenagers.

The pattern starts with parents condoning rebellion against external authority, then the child think they can rebel against parental authority. By the time the child is 14 or 15 the child can't be told nothing from nobody. I see this ALL THE TIME.

I have a police scanner at my house. Just in the last week, I have heard three calls concerning unruly teenagers. The first was physically fighting his father and the father was caughing up blood. The second was forcefully leaving home and pushed his mother because she was trying to make him stay home and the third was at her grandmother refusing to come home. That is JUST during the time that I had to listen to it during this past week. (I may have listened to it about three hours this week).

Rebellious teenagers are off the chain. I tell my teenagers I will do a "Marvin Gaye" on them before I let them stand in defiance of me. I dont' allow them to defy ANY authority. If they think an authority is unjust, they have to handle it through a legal or civil process. If they are right, I am in the fight with them, if they are wrong, they have to take their licks.

So, go for it...use that KRAZEE logic that your children can just go around flipping off authority just because they want to....I guarantee you that rebellion will be pointed back at you...Our prisons are full of rebellious kids that started out with condoned rebellion against external authority then grew into rebellion against all authority. So, if you want to visit your children in Jail, teach them that trash.

I hear 'ya on this one.
I would first want & seek justice under the law.
After that, I'm sorry but all bets are off.
Quickly.
Quietly.
Efficiently.

yes. thanks. And I think that this is not easy to do; to have control and go through the process of seeking justice under the law and proving it, whether for a good outcome or a bad one. But then as you say, "After that,...all bets are off."!

...the quiet warrior speaks!...and i listen.

thanks.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back