Black People : " if it were your daughter in Seattle, what would you do ? "

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by graphik, Jun 22, 2010.

1. graphik

graphik Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    We've seen the girl get jabbed by the seattle cop.
    We've seen the young black girl getting tackled to the wall, hit on the ground and pulled up by her hair in handcuffs.
    Don't be blindsided by the media. This goes on everyday. lf it weren't for digital technology, who could imagine??

Fellas (ladies get in too), what would you do? What would you tell your daughter? How would you react to the cop??

WHERE ARE WE ON THIS??

2. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    On the girl that got punched in the face, I would tell her to request mercy from the court system. Unless she claims something inappropriate happened which triggered this incident, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. To my knowledge, she hasn't claimed anything different from the police report.

On the girl that got tackled to the wall and picked up by her hair....That's a whole different story. I would be absolutely ferious. In her case, she may or may not have done something to warrent being in that cell, she may have even said something that ticked the officers off...but she posed ZERO threat to the officers as she was secure in a cell.

In this case, I would demand the officers be fired and if the demand was not heard and appropriately responded to, I would launch a campaign to widely publicize the fact that the Seattle police department refused to get rid of officers which are clearly unfit for serving the citizens of that city.

At some point AFTER I successfully saw the dismissal of these unfit officers, I would then file a lawsuit for the violation of my daughters civil rights.

That is what I would do if I where the father of those two girls. If you agree with me, fine. If you don't agree with me, don't waste your time criticizing what I would do, this thread is about what YOU would do.

3. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Hmmm, why is no one, to include the OP indicating what THEY would do in this situation if they were the father of these girls?

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    If it was me , and i was facing this kinda thing against my girls
    the one who was punched indeed touched the cop first and was in the way of him
    doing is duty , but to as a man and a peace officer to hit my girl in the face with his
    fist , gotta deal with me and a lawsuit me crying out for justice against this cop
    behavior .

About the other girl i would be outright going mad and sueing the cop/city/department and anybody else with connection to what was done to this girl
    I would be mad calling for every blackorganization to rise against this to me hate crime
    by a city official / cop/s

we have to start doing something about how we are treated by this gang call police
    they now beating our women our sisters / daughters / mothers while hiding behind
    there badge or the facts they the so call authority !

Bottom line you not gonna beat my girls and think it's o'kay or feel you getting
    away with it , I will retaliate in a good way or in the worse way .

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,731
    What to do...?

Umh. What a question, a thought provoking question and, a great one, in my opinion. What to do?

I've been so victimized based upon this system to the point where, this question evokes a lot of emotion in me and, my answer is based upon my inner feelings about this thread in relation to my past.

First of all, I've read over the other threads about this issue and about a young girl being attacked in the jail [as you restated] and about an hispanic man being stumped on and this young girl being punched and my feelings are based upon my opinions, of which are that this government is evil and racist. This system has already been well set up to the point that, at any given moment, a white person in power is already in a position in which he/she can commit 'a hate crime', a vicious, brutal act against a young black girl or other ethnic adults, and have their acts TOTALLY DEFENDED by black and ethnic people in strategically set up organizations...history already shows this pattern and dictates that the odds are against us.

There are and have been 'bad az young white girls' that have blatantly and arrogantly done acts much worse that jaywalking and you will probably not hear about a black police officer 'punching them in the face' for resisting or obstructing an employee in the course of duty. I can attest to personal accounts as i was put into predominantly white school system at times in my youth. Those teen girls and that young girl in the jail were preyed upon for the mere fact that they were 'not perfect' as would be expected for any person their age. Culturally speaking, 'they mouthed off' and I'm sure this is the norm coming from other cultures of young teens as well. Those girls were pure and simply; victims of a hate crime. period. Those police officers took advantage of a situation, an annoying situation, and they had no human right to act against those girls in the way that they did. But, I believe that what goes around will come around.

Now, what would I do if I found out that my young offspring was preyed upon based upon 'an imperfection' such as what had occurred? I would feel helpless based upon one major issue; BLACK LEADERSHIP AND SUPPORT because, it is NOT there. This government has been working on that for a long time. They have worked to alienate the common black population from governmental support by selecting BLACK LEADERS to protect this system for along time. So my answer to my youth and all black youth would be to NOT feel intimidated by what I would define as an evil act of racism and hate as a result of something that could have been handeld better on both ends. I would tell them though, that not even a perfect man or woman could avoid such vicious hate in a system such as this; NO, not even JESUS could avoid being lynched based upon his ethnic identity and it was proven that he was convicted and prosecuted even though he broke NO LAW. I would stick by their side and tell them to NEVER FORGET IT. I would tell them too, that the black leaders placed in strategic positions are probably going to let them down because some are evil, not really black/african or married to white or other people, and some are just plain scared. I would tell them that i will never doubt their plight as being young and undeserving of such an act. And I woud tell them to never, never forget, because eventually, what goes around will come around, even in the selected black organizations that are paid to protect white supremacy.

6. graphik

graphik Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    l reviewed the video again b/c l wanted to assess and judge fairly. The girl who was punched, after having taken the girl from the cop's grip was then in position to calm her and the whole situation down. lnstead, she immediately shoved the cop. That was her fault. She needs to respect authority in this harmless type situation. Afterwards he punched her in the face out of what l think was a preventable reaction considering other physical measures he could've taken. lf the girl punched were my daughter, l would be upset w/ her while comforting. She ended up in the backseat of the police car w/ a silly smile on her face.. l would definitely check her on that and teach her the right way to effectively differ, protest, network and resolve. That's the sure way to win

As for the accused girl who resisted arrest, l understand that people jaywalk in that area all the time. lf l'm an honorable, collegiate tax paying citizen, you're not arresting me for fkn jaywalking and blemish my record, point blank. l'm not use to arrest as this most cops are prejudiced to believe when approaching our youth. This is the point where those dumb *** helpless ***** around her could've intervened instead of standing around like conditioned sheep. So l blame the collective mentality of our 100 slaves still scared of 1 **** slave master instead of stepping up calming the situation and basically surrounding this young sister w/ protection. Have her back, tell her to go on w/ the arrest and follow her to the police station w/ so much noise, camera news crews, politicians and even the birds would flock to the scene.

l like Chevron's view. He's going out of bounds to a broader thinking and reasoning. lf a black were in trailerpark, usa and punched a white girl in the face while white people were standing around, l'm almost convinced that 2 people would be recording and the others would have swarmed to her rescue.

But as far as the young sister getting pulled up by her hair after being tackled to the wall like a football practice dummy, l would make sure the cop were fired. Afterwards, l would see to it this cop is deceased from the earth. On everything, l couldn't picture him breathing not many days after. My take.

7. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    No One was being arrested for Jay walking! Saying or suggesting that she was arrested for Jay walking sets a false stage for the entire event. Franklin High School had recently requested that the Seattle police department begin enforcing jaywalking at that particular spot. In connection with that request, they were issuing citations to those who where jay walking there. While dealing with one man, the officer seen a group of four girls jay walking so he asked them to step over to a certain spot so that he could deal with them next. The mouthed off and when he again asked them to step over to a certain spot she threw her hands up the him dismissing him. He went to her and forced her to return.

She was not being arrested for JAY WALKING. NO ONE has ever been arrested for Jay walking. Anytime someone claims she was being arrested for Jay walking it is clear that they are either ignorant of the facts or in complete denial of them. Either way, they are making a judgement based on a false foundation.

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    it's been tried; hasn't happened. always some mealy mouthed bs that "satisfies" the "civic leaders of the seattle black community" ... which don't exist in the city center no more ... way out in skyway or renton highlands or somewhere.

9. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    In the case of the 15 year old girl in the holding cell the officer was fired. In the case of this 17 year old the officer WILL NOT BE fired. She doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I did a little research and noticed that only about 1% of all excessive force alegations result in an officer being fired or recieving disciplinary actions. I find that difficult to believe that only 1% are deserving of disciplinary actions. There is no doubt that many of them are frivolous, but 99%...NOT LIKELY. IMO, if this case with the 17 year old being punched WOULD BE appropriately catagorized as frivolous. The one with the 15 year old in the cell is appropriately deserving of MAX DISCIPLINE, to include criminal procecution.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Up to this point I have read and witheld responding to this controversial topic. Thanks for the opportunity to do so now.

First of all, if it were my daughter, I would not "react".

I would become proactive, and examine my daughter's own actions in the matter.

I most likely would seek legal advice and then determine the appropriate course of action.