Black People : If I Ruled The World

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African_Prince, Sep 12, 2009.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    1. Eliminate poverty, disease (this includes depression and other mental disorders) and human suffering in general

2. Free non-human animals from human exploitation (factory farming, scientific research, zoos, circuses, pet breeding et cetera). Create synthetic meat, dairy and eggs for those humans who still wish to consume these 'foods'

3. Make all carnivorous, non-human animals herbivores

4. Abolish capitalism and the state ; create a politically, economically and socially egalitarian society

5. Destroy every gun, bomb, spear and weapon in the world (I means things intentionally created to be weapons)

6. Terraform planets with a habitable climate for those humans who wish to establish colonies throughout the universe.

-I'll probably think of some other things later.

What would you do?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

If I Ruled The World... Wow!

African Prince,

A very creative thread you have posted African Prince. If I ruled the world, I would give it back to God, for real.

3. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Thank you African Prince for such a thought provoking thread. It makes me think along the lines of what collective goals should we seek for our people and potential paths to reaching those goals. (I am talking specifically about the African remnants of American slavery)

Just curious, but could you elaborate on the practical application of how you would eliminate poverty, abolish capitalism, and create an economically egalitarian society? Furthermore, how would you accomplish these things without the strong arm of "the state"? Also, how would you deal with the people within that society who are unproductive, unmotivated and choose to be that way? Likewise, how would you incentivise and reward those people who are creative, motivated, productive, and edifying to the society at large?

I try to look at things from a pragmatic perspective rather than an emotional or idealistic perspective. Also, I try to look at things from not only my own perspective, but from that of ALL internal and external participants in the system and the real world issues which will effect the system. I think this is the most productive and useful way of looking at things.

Thank you again, Brother African Prince, for such a thought provoking thread.

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    find my wife a job.

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398

how would you advocate research of deadly human diseases with out using an animal?