Black Relationships : If I hear one more time that the Afrikan Woman is the "backbone"

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    I swear I am gonna scream! I was just talkin with my daughter about this. This garbage is peddled the same way the "men and women are equal" is peddled. then why not make all of us both men and women (hermaprodites)? This is the:censored: that is peddled by our enemy to keep (1) the Afrikan male castrated, (2) to keep us devided man/woman and (3) To keep our family units in turmoil. If you think that the sisters are the backbone.... then what am I? Cause that means that I dont have a backbone!:10500::10500: mind you though, it is acceptable for gay couples to adopt kids. So, once again the Afrikan male is the lowest from of scum. Please dont buy into this trash. me? how any brother would want to be in a relationship where he is not the leader is waaay beyond me. SMH@ the Amerikkkan propaganda machine. Don't forget Queens... if you buy into this trash, you are aiding our enemy. period. You are QUEENS, replete with a full set of wondeful traits that help keep things rollin within the family, but you are NOT the backbone. And the minute you take a soulmate, you are NOT the head. We Afrikans Kings are. Yes we need you for many things, but wearing the "man pants" is not one of them.:10500:

2. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hey Bro Truth, for my enlightenment please:

If the sister is the backbone, doesn't that place the man in front? Where he can protect, and defend her? Also, I have heard it said, that the man is the "covering" for the woman. What are your opinions about that? Just wondering.....

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Hey sis joice. The backbone is kinda like the spine. it allows you to stand upright. In our society if you are said to have "no backbone" or "be "spineless" it means that basically, you aint:censored::censored:! The kings are the LEADERS. Also the PROTECTORS, and should be the Main providor of food etc.. you the Queen are the facilitator, making sure things are kept in order while I do my thing. Most times this includes the children, much of the households etc.. So, while we are NOT the same or equal (why would a woman want to be either of these) In the words of my close and trusted friend.. "Each (the man and woman) have Unique skills and placement within the relationship":hearthis::hearthis: We both love and NEED you sister Queens, but without the "man pants".:hearts2:

4. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    MIZ JOICE, YOU HAVE A GREAT POINT HERE...

:hulk: WHO SAYS I'M NOT THE BACKBONE;)

5. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    OK OK OK, I'M TIRED ANYWAY, PULLING THE WEIGHT BLACK MAN, WHY ARE YOU STANDING WAY OVER THERE, YOU MUSLIM OR SOMETHING? :kick: IF YOU GONNA BE THE HEAD, THE LEADER OR WEAR THE PANTS, GO RIGHT AHEAD, TAKE YOUR PLACE, BUT DON'T LET ME HAVE TO TELL WHERE YOUR PLACE IS BLACK MAN. YOU SHOULD NATURALLY, MOVE INTO THAT SPOT. I'M STILL WONDERING WHY YOU STILL STANDING BEHIND ME, BLACK MAN? TAKE YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE ON YOUR THRONE, CAUSE I RATHER YOU BE THERE ANYWAY. I'M TIRED, CAN I REST NOW??:luvu::blowkiss:

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    yes

so very true men and women are not equal, equal means "same"
    and of course not the "same", that's why the confusion

but i don't agree with you saying the black woman is not the backbone

because i feel you're trying backbone way too literally

yes i do feel the way you termed it to mean "spineless" in some sense

but when the Black Woman is referred to as the "backbone"

to me that means she's the one that's held us together for not only the last

400 years but beyond that, with the emphasis on the last 400 years

while the Black Man's heart and spirit was chopped off the head long ago

i could see where you would claim it to mean "spineless", but you know

we are not "spineless" we've been beaten into submission

i would say saying the Black Woman is the backbone is a testament to

the Strength of US, as a whole, with Black Women in the forefront who

birthed us and nutured us when no one else would care not even the fathers

so i think you;'re doing a great disservice to the strength of black women

who at times have had to go at it alone i would say over the last 400 years

single moms outpace single dads by um i would bet you all your doe on how

far apart it is. so "brother" Ionly for you to say "spineless", when you know

we as men are not, the Black Woman is the BACKBONE because in reality

if she wasn't the backbone how could she birth us, how could she endured

all the pain and the outside nonsense the goes on with raising childern

trust me i'm not "spineless" and my strong backbonedided single whup ***

moms saw to it i wasn't spineless

yes we are Kings and Queens but somehow the path has been altered

7. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes you can rest sister

:wave: See, it was not that hard. :toast::luvv:

8. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    So many societal ills feed into this line of thinking. These feminist views of women being able to do anything a man can do.. and better.. I don't 'need' a man but want one type thing.. this may be true but what few folks have really looked at was the consequences of breaking the standard formula for successful parenting/family/community living of the ages...

It wasn't too long ago when young men would borrow their fathers suits to impress a young woman. You know, a symbol of respect and maturity. No more! Now dad's dress like their sons... Men no longer find a suitable mate, plan to marry and accept the role of head of 'his' household.. Men are now said to be dragged screaming and kicking to the alter while they roll their eyes to their 'boys' on the side.. waiting for the next escape on a boy's night out...

Men have become more loyal to their toys and gadgets then their wives and children.. no savings for a college fund.. the new cell phone/ PS2 game/ car accessory usually wins out... Many men, right here, will tell you that if it wasn't for their wives they'd have nothing. So, Inoly, while it is very easy to look at the modern woman and say "hey! I'm the man!" I would wager that many of these 'men' are little more than 'boys'.

Media doesnt help that either.. every TV show (it seems) shows the spineless man under the watchful eye of his wife. He's lying, sneaking out to drink beer with his boys, resisting having to take on any 'mature' part in the relationship (taking out the trash isn't it) etc..

When a REAL man enters the scene, believe me, women know it :) and they seem few and far between. Until then, you bet she's the backbone, as she needs to raise her family and her husband :lol:

:heart:
    Zulile

9. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    hey truth,you bout to start a war up in here my brother,look i hear you loud and clear but what the statement really means is that the blackwoman has been right there beside us since we were brought here to help the blackman when all seemed lost,yes we have suffered but remember our women were right there too,there are women who have raised two-three generations of sons,daughters without any help from a man this is not about wearing the pants but about an understanding ear to hear our gripes about the unfairness of the workplace,a sweet word of encouragement ,strong hands to rub our shoulders after a hard day,a warm body to make love to even though she's been chasing our kids all day...yes my brother the blackwoman is the backbone and our sterdy rock.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    do they really?

i think that they often do not. how would they? they never known their father.
    i think a lot of sisters are confused. they say they want a man but do not know how to react when they meet one. a real one.
    some do not know what role they want to play. do they want to wear the pants or not?

i think female mis judgement of potential male partners is a big problem within the community.