Black People Politics : "IF I HAD A SON, HE WOULD LOOK JUST LIKE TRAYVON"!--The President Has Just Responded!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Chevron Dove, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Uh Oh! It's On Now!!! The President Responds!

"IF I HAD A SON, HE WOULD LOOK LIKE TRAYVON"!

This young man does remind me of the president. But the president was warned that he had to be careful about his words, but the statement he made about Trayvon looking like him, was a message that I got clearly!--That means something huge to me, in that the president is saying to the people that warned him to be careful about his words, that he hears them but, he made it personal! Wow! But, I also know what has happened in the past when things are 'investigated and investigated...and investigated... until years go by, and nothing substantial is done to the criminal'. In another thread about this very crime, Omowalijabali brought how in the past how celebrities respond to some critical civil issues, and i think about this too, in how things can get watered down. But I hope that Black people will continue to press... on this one. Anyway, here's the youtube that just posted on yahoo news:

--------------------------
    edited; add to content.

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Glad to see the Prez make a statement, this is an extremely serious issue. I am not sure of the legalities, but I wonder if a Federal mandate can be instituted a la hate crimes etc. That's how the boars who beat Rodney King were nabbed,maybe this Latin piece of garbage will get hemmed up by the Feds being that the state looks like they want to cover this up.

Latinos are violent towards black people,in their own countries,and especially on the west coast of the US. Malthus much of west coast Black - Brown beef is based on gang friction. More so Mexicans/Central American/south American Latinos, versus Caribbean Latins such a Puerto Ricans or Dominicans although you'll find these anti-black attitudes in Latinos of all nationalities. No not all maybe not most but Latinos are growing in numbers and many are just another breed of white skinned humans that hate Blacks, this punk deserves some African american street justice.

3. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    The president walked the thin line on his statement, it's good that he actually talked about it, now the story will have global attention.

4. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I am not, nor have ever been, an Obama supporter. But [and jamesfrmphilly is going to love reading me say this] I do have to give him big props for what he said today in support of Trayvon Martin's parents. That was the most personal, genuine, statement I think I have ever heard the brother make.

And, props again to him for delicately encouraging agencies outside of my sorry state of Florida to do what the klansmen here in the Gunshine State are refusing to do.

5. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    It's on now because Obama said that? :lol:

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    so he can see us. I wonder what it is about this case that caused him to speak up? Is it election-time strategy or is it his own conscience? Has he just been waiting for the right incident.. one that didn't directly involve the cops? Or did Michelle make him do it? He looks and sounds conflicted.. like he is crossing a line he knows he shouldn't cross. It would be great if he could just call a spade a spade.. maybe after he has secured his second term his balls will drop a little further down.

7. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    His handlers probably told him "Barack you can speak so the negros can shut up, this a roll over in about a week"

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    He may have just fell on his sword.. and it's not like his statement will make any difference whatsoever. There'll be plenty of time for him to be black after he's finished being President. And if you think about it.. that's actually when he can become the most useful to black people.. After he has served in the highest office.. been privy to the highest levels of information.. etc... And that's actually when he has to worry about being assasinated.

9. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    okay, maybe I'm just too hopeful? I would hope because as president he would be able to cause this issue to be addressed in the right way, but have to say, that I understand your statement completely and can relate. This government is so full of tricks, it's hard to believe that anything positive will come of this.

10. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I'm so glad you said this;

"He looks and sounds conflicted.. like he is crossing a line he knows he shouldn't cross."

I felt this, everything you said in this post, but just didn't know how to express it fully. You've sure got a way with words. On one hand, I'm so glad that he spoke out about this 'hate crime' but on the other hand, his words were so conflicting that it still leaves the door open for so much 'investigation'...