Nigeria : "If I Die, I die but Nigeria has to move".. #OccupyNigeria

Re-check the primary source (the video.)

It's nationalist. The logo isn't "Red Black and Green." And look at the concern.

Like I said--maybe Pan-Africanist organizations are within. But if so, highlight them. A "movement," with its dispersed focuses, isn't impressive.

Once, I repeated Dr. Leonard Jeffries for a paper. The thesis was that Africans are always losing at the negotiating table. That's the reality that White people know. The only way to win at the negotiation table is to have Philosophy and have organization. Without it--we will negotiate and lose. Crowd disperses and Sharpton makes money. Done.
Ok Ok whatever, not going to go through the back and forth, God Bless!

This is a step backward. This is a step toward improving nationalism.

We need to be philosophically clear. "Nationalism" goes against Pan-Africanism.

Nationalism plays into the European's game.

Interesting argument. Can you please elaborate on how this is true?

Interesting argument. Can you please elaborate on how this is true?

Hotep Brother omowalejabali,

I'm to work on an argument on how "Individualism" fits under White Supremacy. This I reason the old fashion way (induction--seeing the evidence then making the theory). Essentially however there are a slew of religions of the world, but African people in America by and large choose European religions. It's not for quantity and not for quality but more 'familiarity,' for lack of a q-word this late at night. But though this is common sense, looking at this, and other 'acts of free will' reveals a pattern in Africans in America (and the continent): their supposed agency reflects the European's desires. For instance, beyond religion, there is straight hair in the African community, there is "red" hair after Rihanna's sporting of it, there's steel drums rather than Congo drums at a parade and more and more.

You can say that it's training, but if you look closely, a lot of this is by choice. For instance, a friend of mine dropped his Catholicism then became born again--not Yoruba. Women going natural will turn straight. The red hair dye wasn't taught in school. And the band director had any and every instrument to choose from.

One notices then that deep behind this 'free will' is an organized group--Europeans. So, "individualism" reflects the wills of the most organized--White Supremacist Europeans--and this is how Individualism falls under White Supremacy. (It's late here--2 AM)

"Nationalism" then is the same argument but for countries. Who would be the trading partner of any strong nation? The most organized nations--the European states. Therefore, not unless we organize, does nationalism mean a thing. However, the act of organizing on a national level for Africans is Pan-Africanism. Hence, this is how Pan-Africanism is against Nationalism which is for White Supremacy.

I would be more elegant in the afternoon. :)

Hotep!

Hotep Brother omowalejabali,

I'm to work on an argument on how "Individualism" fits under White Supremacy. This I reason the old fashion way (induction--seeing the evidence then making the theory). Essentially however there are a slew of religions of the world, but African people in America by and large choose European religions. It's not for quantity and not for quality but more 'familiarity,' for lack of a q-word this late at night. But though this is common sense, looking at this, and other 'acts of free will' reveals a pattern in Africans in America (and the continent): their supposed agency reflects the European's desires. For instance, beyond religion, there is straight hair in the African community, there is "red" hair after Rihanna's sporting of it, there's steel drums rather than Congo drums at a parade and more and more.

You can say that it's training, but if you look closely, a lot of this is by choice. For instance, a friend of mine dropped his Catholicism then became born again--not Yoruba. Women going natural will turn straight. The red hair dye wasn't taught in school. And the band director had any and every instrument to choose from.

One notices then that deep behind this 'free will' is an organized group--Europeans. So, "individualism" reflects the wills of the most organized--White Supremacist Europeans--and this is how Individualism falls under White Supremacy. (It's late here--2 AM)

"Nationalism" then is the same argument but for countries. Who would be the trading partner of any strong nation? The most organized nations--the European states. Therefore, not unless we organize, does nationalism mean a thing. However, the act of organizing on a national level for Africans is Pan-Africanism. Hence, this is how Pan-Africanism is against Nationalism which is for White Supremacy.

I would be more elegant in the afternoon. :)

Hotep!

Your explanation was well enough. Thank you. This has me thinking backing past debates when I was in college and started to organize in the neighborhood and encountered those cultural nationalists who argued vehemently against pan Africanism. When I first came here it was the same thing. I came to the conclusion that pan Africanism is the correct ideology but there is no longer any viable mechanism to achieve this objective. Excuse my pessimism.

Peace!

Your explanation was well enough. Thank you. This has me thinking backing past debates when I was in college and started to organize in the neighborhood and encountered those cultural nationalists who argued vehemently against pan Africanism. When I first came here it was the same thing. I came to the conclusion that pan Africanism is the correct ideology but there is no longer any viable mechanism to achieve this objective. Excuse my pessimism.

Peace!

I haven't read Frederick Douglass' marginalized, though at the time prominent, friend Martin Delany's work "Blake; or, the Huts of America" but I did read that it's a novel by Martin Delany, an early Pan-Africanist who believed that first Africans should organize the Caribbeans. The work is a response to "Uncle Tom's Cabin." I hear that it's out there for consumption.

Have you checked it out? It seems that Martin Delany is an ancestor who ran into the same pitfalls as you and saw the solution in taking smaller steps--staying optimistic.

Right now, I just want our African siblings to realize that the European is our enemy, like Dr. Williams said.

We are in such trouble. But we should stay optimistic. Sometimes I talk to our youth, like really young, twelve-like, and they really do hope that someone does something bold.

And beside, everyone wants to see Malcolm X again. Remember Sister Souljah? :)

Hotep!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back