Nigeria : "If I Die, I die but Nigeria has to move".. #OccupyNigeria

What does that mean?

A play on the name.

Real Commentary:

One has to wait and see.

But we need to also listen to our ancestors. Kwame Ture distinguished a "Movement" and an "Organization." The former is best lead by a Lawyer, and the latter a Philosopher. To be frank, this "Occupy" bit is a "Movement" and "Movements" are not revolutionary. "Movements" come and go, changing little.

What's the Philosophy but "better candidates in a European system?" No thanks. I couldn't care less. The best candidates in a European system are already in power. (The people have yet to realize that their clamour is not over good candidates in a European system but for an African system . . . I'll wait for that.)[1]

We want Pan-Africanism, not cheaper oil for Nigerians.

Until "Red, Black and Green" fly in Nigeria, it's not something to concern oneself over.

Though, personally, I think Nigeria is one of my, if not my, favorite countries in Africa.

[1] I recognize that there are Pan-Africans in Nigeria trying their best for the movement, but that's the issue. Trying to catch the flames of a movement won't work--organization, organization, organization. If there's news from Nigeria, I want to hear about what their Pan-African organizations are doing and commend them there--their movements are only movements, they stop eventually.

It is a great deal of concern, just like the sister in Jamaica, getting Jamaica up from under England.

These incidents just like the small incidents in the 60s and 70s,
are what leads to real movemenets!

The fact is they were able to settle thier differences in class, language and religion and unite in this and they got what they battled for in a nation that is noted for this:

and all people of African descent should commend this!

You do not want movements, you want organization. Come to me when they have organization.

Black folk are moving all of the time. ALL OF THE TIME. There are MOVEMENTS every day. Some not as big and some not as small. But Black folk are not ORGANIZED.

Name one Black PHILOSOPHER, today! ONE! And what's that PHILOSOPHER's following? Nill. That's what you should remember.

A MOVEMENT doesn't change anything--MOVEMENTS are daily.

You do not want movements, you want organization. Come to me when they have organization.

Black folk are moving all of the time. ALL OF THE TIME. There are MOVEMENTS every day. Some not as big and some not as small. But Black folk are not ORGANIZED.

Name one Black PHILOSOPHER, today! ONE! And what's that PHILOSOPHER's following? Nill. That's what you should remember.

A MOVEMENT doesn't change anything--MOVEMENTS are daily.
whatever, they had a strike, united got over their differences and got what they struck for

organizations can be destroyed movements cannot

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back