Black People : IF I COULD DIRECT MY TAX DOLLARS.. what would I do?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Mar 12, 2005.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    The children are living too long for the states. So they want to cut off funds and would rather they die. Now this is a shame, and the reason Universal Health care would be a good idea. The SENATORS, all members of congress have voted it for themselves. Why can't they vote on one for us? Average citizen human life means nothing to the country. They don't care about us! Or little Tanner :kick:

======================
    http://enews.earthlink.net/article/hea?guid=20050312/42327750_3421_1334520050312-200189983

Longer Living Pinches State Aid Programs

March 12, 2005 11:29 AM EST

COLUMBUS, Ohio - When Tanner Stainbrook was hospitalized at age 3 with cystic fibrosis, a tiny program in the Ohio Health Department paid the $14,000 not covered by insurance. Over the years, it paid for other hospital stays. It paid co-payments for prescriptions and doctor visits. And it paid for the vest that shook and pounded his chest to loosen the debilitating mucus caused by the inherited lung disease.

Now Tanner is 8 and still struggling with this lifelong affliction. But Ohio is finding itself unable to keep paying the cost of health care like his. New rules mean his parents and 5,000 other families must pay much more before state aid kicks in.

For the Stainbrooks it's $6,000 more, and "that's $6,000 we don't" have," said Tanner's mother, Wendy Stainbrook.

=============================

2. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Excellent Thread Hodee...

Rebuidling public housing communities, providing professional security to keep the drug dealers, pimps, and prostitiutes out, and providing funding for community centers within the complex where folks of all ages could come and receive tutoring, GED training, after school activities, diabetes testing and education along with general health & nutrition guidance, AIDS & other STD awareness and (sex) education, mentoring,intramural sports, boy scout & girlscouts, movie nights etc... That's what I would like my tax dollars to go toward... amongst other things to enrich and uplift our brothers and sisters who are struggling to make their way out of that [email protected] lower socioeconomic bracket !

Much Peace
    Many Blessings
    Akilah
    :grouphug:

3. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Im only going to say it once Education!

4. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I would direct my tax dollars in a way that would equalize and regulate all public education and health care to make those institutions free and universal for all citizens.

If we would institute some sort of law preventing immigrants who make money in America from sending it back home and make them keep thier money in this economy....that in itself would change the economy dramaticaly for the better.