Black Spirituality Religion : If God is a Spirit why is He called in the scriptures "He" and not "It?"

To put all this nonsense in context : when the sexes became divided as they are today, with one being valued over the other, the "default" sex of things changed. When things are good, mighty, clean, noble etc etc They were commonly referred to as masculine qualities. Many qualities we despise today in our everyday lives are supposedly feminine qualities. This is just another example of human hate and rationalizations of fears and hates warping the world.

If it is not one thing to battle over, it is another. If it is not race, it's sex, if not sex, it's religion.

I do not think that the title "It", denotes a lack of intelligence, just a lack of something familiar. If you do not recognize something, if you cannot categorize "it", it devolves into an "it". For example: I am a transman. Usually, I pass as a man. Other times, I have been referred to as an "it" because my gender/sex is not easily identified.

This is even more "spin" Ictoban Itkfae, lol.

Point blank, you are being disingenuous in your responses, which becomes one of the reasons you find the Bible confusing.

Not only that, you don't read very well either. Go back and re-read my comprehensive post to you, but then again, forget that, lol, you'll just come back with more of the same spin.

But moreover, the Bible writers were not scholars but regular vain folk, and the s0-called scholars merely translated what was written by them ... I trust this will close our conversation.

I don't know Greek or Hebrew but I do know that the Bible is supposed to have been translated by "scholars." If "God" is not a male person or animal, why would they call Him "He?" They must not be too scholarly lol. The thread was created because I find the Bible to be confusing.
I'm not sure what you meant by "spin." But, I was not being insincere or trying to hide something if that is what you meant.
Actually, this is the reason why I asked the question because I find the Bible to be confusing. The dictionary is a better source on the meaning or definition of a word than the Bible; that is why I gave authority to the dictionary as far as defining "he."

To put all this nonsense in context : when the sexes became divided as they are today, with one being valued over the other, the "default" sex of things changed. When things are good, mighty, clean, noble etc etc They were commonly referred to as masculine qualities. Many qualities we despise today in our everyday lives are supposedly feminine qualities. This is just another example of human hate and rationalizations of fears and hates warping the world.

If it is not one thing to battle over, it is another. If it is not race, it's sex, if not sex, it's religion.

I do not think that the title "It", denotes a lack of intelligence, just a lack of something familiar. If you do not recognize something, if you cannot categorize "it", it devolves into an "it". For example: I am a transman. Usually, I pass as a man. Other times, I have been referred to as an "it" because my gender/sex is not easily identified.

Peace my Brother/Sister,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute.

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Bro. Ictoan

This is even more "spin" Ictoban Itkfae, lol.

Point blank, you are being disingenuous in your responses, which becomes one of the reasons you find the Bible confusing.

Not only that, you don't read very well either. Go back and re-read my comprehensive post to you, but then again, forget that, lol, you'll just come back with more of the same spin.

But moreover, the Bible writers were not scholars but regular vain folk, and the s0-called scholars merely translated what was written by them ... I trust this will close our conversation.

Well, I guess we can disagree my Brother. But I think that Black people must disagree without being disagreeable. We all need to unite, with all of our differences. We would have SERIOUS power if we all joined together, into a united race.

I assure you Bro, I was not being disingenuous...

Peace.
Bro. Ictoan

Please explain exactly what it is that we are supposed to be disagreeing on, Ictoan Itkfae; in this attempt to help you better understand the Bible, and move away from the confusion it causes you?

From the very scripture you finally sited, upon request, we find that God is both
Spirit and a ... Him ... at the same time. It was explained to you why God or Spirit couldn't be an ... it ...

While admitting you don't understand the Bible, yet you indicate that you give authority to the dictionary, when it comes to word definitions. On top of that you wrongfully imply that scholars made the mistake of inserting the pronoun ... he ... instead of using the term ... it ... It was explained to you that said scholars merely translated the biblical text, with little to no redaction.

And finally, it was explained that God has no gender per se that we could comprehend, except that which the Bible, which is considered to be his Word, gives us.

At this point, I'm not convinced that you were not being disingenuous. But maybe that's what you feel we are to disagree about, perhaps.

But I will say to you if that is the case, then you aren't serious about acquiring an understanding about which book you profess no allegiance with, and you loudly claim to not be a christian of ... then what is your point with these inquires, Ictoan Itkfae?

Well, I guess we can disagree my Brother. But I think that Black people must disagree without being disagreeable. We all need to unite, with all of our differences. We would have SERIOUS power if we all joined together, into a united race.

I assure you Bro, I was not being disingenuous...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back