Black People : If D.Roof was out, came BACK to the church crying and asking forgiveness, would they let him back in

yes, they would.

of course, there may be the elite few who would object...who would even want to do him harm...but, as a whole, they would welcome him. WE are a deeply spiritual people...due to our closeness with God. WE will turn the other cheek. WE will forgive the most heinous acts. WE will look over the worst things mankind has to offer. WE are a passionate people, yes, but we aren't the vicious, brainless, degenerates others claim US to be. IF WE WERE, THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY WHITE PEOPLE LEFT ON THE PLANET. For all they've done to us, revenge would have led us to do away with them. But that's not who we are.

yes, they would...because that's who we are.

yes, they would.

of course, there may be the elite few who would object...who would even want to do him harm...but, as a whole, they would welcome him. WE are a deeply spiritual people...due to our closeness with God. WE will turn the other cheek. WE will forgive the most heinous acts. WE will look over the worst things mankind has to offer. WE are a passionate people, yes, but we aren't the vicious, brainless, degenerates others claim US to be. IF WE WERE, THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY WHITE PEOPLE LEFT ON THE PLANET. For all they've done to us, revenge would have led us to do away with them. But that's not who we are.

yes, they would...because that's who we are.

Some of us are "deep spiritual", you live in Canada. Those are black church folks, so they are too forgiving, but its a segment of us thats not too forgiving. If he gets put in general population while in prison, you'll see what I mean.

Which is why i said, "...there may be the elite few who would object...who would even want to do him harm..."

Deeply spiritual, even deeply biblical, doesn't mean you cannot defend yourself. it doesn't mean you cannot seek revenge on people for their evil acts--an eye for an eye. it does, however, mean that deeply spiritual people are more apt to forgive than not.

Yes, i currently live in Canada...but i'm from Mississippi.

Let's say D.Roof was out, came back to the church crying and asking for forgiveness, do you think they would let him back in??

I do.

what's wrong with forgiveness?

i've received plenty and have given as well ... and will no doubt need more before too long.

have you never received, given, or needed forgiveness?

who is d.roof ... ?

aren't we all free to forgive those we choose of our own volition?

why not just never forgive ... and let others do what they want ... i don't get it

but i'm not suppose to be in the discussions anyway ... so ... thanks for sharing ... :bye:

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back