Black Relationships : If Black Women Outnumber Black Men ...

Sanaiah25 said:
The same could be said for men. Why is it that every time someone makes a movie about a black woman being mistreated by a black man, it is called male bashing. How many people have criticized Tyler Perry for "Diary Of A Mad Black Woman", or "The Color Purple", or "Women Of Brewster Place", etc... Even though some of these movies are based upon actual people's experiences and relationships, it is always viewed by black men as male bashing. The criticisms in these films aren't even made directly, but instead subtlely in fictional, cinematic form. So definately black men are just as sensitive concerning this issue.

Because of the disparity between positive black male roles and negative black male roles. It's the same when you turn on a music video and women complain about being shown as whores (and they should complain), because of the fact that you never see women viewed in a respectable manner. Black men get tired of it, because we never see anything different. The comment about my post being black woman bashing was way off and it was a stretch to make it out to be something it wasn't.

I think there have been solutions discussed. Interracial dating (which many see not as a solution, but a door opening up to more problems). Polygomy for one, even though IMO, I don't think that would ever work for black folks in America (even if it were legal). Other than that, your fighting numbers. If there are less men than women, there's nothing you can do about that short of trying to clone black men.

kente417mojo said:
Destee, if sistahs would stop assuming every criticism or opinion of a situation is woman bashing, maybe a lot of these problems would not exist.

Brother Kente ... you suggested that Sisters were superficial, that is bashing. Especially considering that no matter how superficial a Sister may be, it will not change the numbers this discussion surrounds.

kente417mojo said:
Like I said, the point of my post was to point out that I DON'T SEE this crisis, as many other people have pointed out. I can speak on whether I believe a situation exist or not, unless this thread was opened in order to give women a haven where they can express their "problem" without a solution. My solution is that there is no problem as far as there being no men. My solution is that the selection process is the thing that's contributing to this "crisis".

If this was your point, to say that you don't believe the numbers, why not just say that? Why must you add that we are superficial, insinuating that we have somehow been the orchestrator of our own problem?

Okay, so your solution is there is no problem. Thank you for that.

Tell me Brother, why bother to offer a solution, if there is no problem?

Would you happen to have stats that counter thoughts common to most, that there are more women than men?

kente417mojo said:
Now, I understand that women probably hate when the solution has to come from within, but hey, that's tough. Maybe that's why there has been no solution, because that's the one place many women fail to look.

Again, more bashing.

kente417mojo said:
I'm looking at the particular trees that I see Destee, because that's all we can go by.

Brother Kente ... that may be all you can go by, but trust, there is much more than meets your eye.

kente417mojo said:
Unless you want me to start speculating and generalizing?

No Brother, don't do nuth'n. Just sit right there and be still. Please.

:heart:

Destee

Akilles said:
When asking such prevailing questions in life pertaining to how we should live talking to the ancestors is wholly preferred over talking to sentinel beings such as yourself who too are trapped in flesh and blood blinded to the dicates of Karma and illusion.

Akilles ... i'm really gett'n sick of you.

If you got something to say, you might wanna say it real quick ...

'cause i got a feeling you won't be here much longer.

Destee

Destee said:
Brother Kente ... you suggested that Sisters were superficial, that is bashing. Especially considering that no matter how superficial a Sister may be, it will not change the numbers this discussion surrounds.

If this was your point, to say that you don't believe the numbers, why not just say that? Why must you add that we are superficial, insinuating that we have somehow been the orchestrator of our own problem?

Okay, so your solution is there is no problem. Thank you for that.

Tell me Brother, why bother to offer a solution, if there is no problem?

Would you happen to have stats that counter thoughts common to most, that there are more women than men?

Again, more bashing.

Brother Kente ... that may be all you can go by, but trust, there is much more than meets your eye.

No Brother, don't do nuth'n. Just sit right there and be still. Please.

Destee

Destee, first of all I did not say that ALL sisters were superficial, you took it that way. I said the BLACK WOMEN THAT HAVE COMPLAINED TO ME ABOUT MEN HARRASSING THEM, had superficial reasons for not giving the man a chance. Now, tell me how that translates into "Black women are superficial"? Tell me what I said, not what you THINK I suggested. As far as stating my point, I did that. I don't have to keep my opinion to a minimum just because a few people reflect what I say directly onto themselves. That's not my bad. As far as me offering my "solution", it was to the myth (IMO) that there is not enough men for all the black women that are willing and able to provide companionship (which no one has any stats to tell the number of deserving women that can't find a man). My solution was not to this "crisis" that doesn't exist (IMO). No, I don't have stats to counter that there are more women than men, because I never said there wasn't. I know that there are more women than men, I just don't think the missing available black man is a crisis, because I feel like there are enough black men to accomodate every DESERVING BLACK WOMAN when she wants to be found.

"No Brother, don't do nuth'n. Just sit right there and be still. Please.", I won't bother addressing that nonsense.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back