Black Relationships : If Black Women Outnumber Black Men ...

kente417mojo said:
Destee, if sistahs would stop assuming every criticism or opinion of a situation is woman bashing, maybe a lot of these problems would not exist.

The same could be said for men. Why is it that every time someone makes a movie about a black woman being mistreated by a black man, it is called male bashing. How many people have criticized Tyler Perry for "Diary Of A Mad Black Woman", or "The Color Purple", or "Women Of Brewster Place", etc... Even though some of these movies are based upon actual people's experiences and relationships, it is always viewed by black men as male bashing. The criticisms in these films aren't even made directly, but instead subtlely in fictional, cinematic form. So definately black men are just as sensitive concerning this issue.

kente417mojo said:
True, men do it too I guess, but my point is that there doesn't seem to be a crisis around these parts. I never hear or see any women saying that there aren't any men. On the contrary, I hear them complain that they can't go anywhere without being harrassed. Maybe a lot of brothas don't have the best rap when it comes to women, but that does not mean that he will not treat you right and be better than his attempt to get your attention. I just wonder how many women have trouble finding a single man, or finding a single man that fits a particular category.

Destee, if sistahs would stop assuming every criticism or opinion of a situation is woman bashing, maybe a lot of these problems would not exist. Like I said, the point of my post was to point out that I DON'T SEE this crisis, as many other people have pointed out. I can speak on whether I believe a situation exist or not, unless this thread was opened in order to give women a haven where they can express their "problem" without a solution. My solution is that there is no problem as far as there being no men. My solution is that the selection process is the thing that's contributing to this "crisis". Now, I understand that women probably hate when the solution has to come from within, but hey, that's tough. Maybe that's why there has been no solution, because that's the one place many women fail to look. I'm looking at the particular trees that I see Destee, because that's all we can go by. Unless you want me to start speculating and generalizing?

This is really the true point and solution to the question that drives the intention of this thread. But many of the persons involved in such personal crisis seek not solutions but criticisms in order to put the blame on other than self destruction and out of control desire.

Well said my brother but the ignore is the root word in Ignorance.

Akilles said:
This is really the true point and solution to the question that drives the intention of this thread.

How can you know what drives the intention of this thread, when you did not create this thread?

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Sister Sanaiah ... my bad ... i thought everyone knew i meant Black Men ... "a" Black Man.

Gosh ... no other men even came to my mind.

When you said "a" man vs "a certain category of man" ... i thot you meant "a Black Man" vs "a Black man in any of the many categories he may fall in" ... other races have absolutely no place in my hope for this discussion. Just us. Black People. Black Men. Black Women. My point was, i didn't want to divide the whole up, into categories of Black Men ... as it really serves no purpose in this particular discussion.

Does this make it clearer? Sorry for any confusion.

:heart:

Destee

I was never confused Destee. I always understood that you were referring to black men. Apparently I confused others with one of my responses. When I said "a" man vs. "a certain category of men", I was responding to other males on this site who kept saying things to the extent of "if you look around you, there are men everywhere", or "I see men in my city everyday, why don't you come to my city."

Those responses belittle the situation and suggest that there is a large, general male population (which is true enough). I was emphasizing the fact that we are not referring to the entire, general male population, but a specific section of men (black men) that we desire.

Naturally if you start putting standards on what type of black man you might crave (such as a compassionate, hard working, selfless black man) you will limit the pool even more. However, yes I realize that for now we just want to have enough black men to go around, before we worry about the specific types of black men. :bingo:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back