Black Relationships : If Black Women Outnumber Black Men ...

panafrica said:
Akilles:

Brother Jamesfrmphilly wrote a brilliant thread over a year ago, that I'd like to share with you:

This website is dedicated to loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching, and building with black people. Therefore when a person comes here (1) Trying to promote a rift between African Americans and Jamaicans. (2) Promoting mixed raced individuals. (3) Making claims that blacks are racist peope. (4) Promoting interracial relationships with black women. One would logically question what there purpose and agenda is. This is especially true when there have been whites who joined this website (that admitted who they were), and espoused the same ideas. If you look closely at brother Jamesfrmphilly's list, it is apparent which I've questioned you!

Who do you think you are?

You dont have a right to tell people who I am because I'm not some droid who follows what you say is the right thing for blacks who are dedicated to loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching, and building with black people should view life.

We are different PanAfrica and antagonizing me is a weak form of jealousy.

I'm a good person trying to steer my people on the path of the light whereinas you are trying promote a militant stance on everything.

But you are not a warrior PanAfrica you are a bully who likes to throw stones but you don't like to catch them.

I am PROBLACK meaning I love who I am and my people.

Hating whites is not PROBLACK anybody can take that stance and be an agent of the govt at the same time.

Love unconditionally is something that can't be faked.

When you love someone or your people and want nothing in return.

I will die for my people but I am not going to hell with you or following down no dark paths because you say it it right.

I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else only GOD!

My life is for GOD and GOD alone can judge me and say what I am not you PanAfrica.

Good day sir.

And quit this antagonzing me being the anti-hero suits you but it aint dedicated to loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching, and building with black people.

spicybrown said:
Sometimes it's the approach. I've witnessed brothers who seemed interested, but as soon as the next gal passes, all eyes on her, how disrespectful is that. First impression sticks. If a sister is approached out of the blue, say on the street, bus stop, mall, any where ona whim, it makes her look/feel cheap. I am involved, but I notice all of the brothers never say ANYTHING, they just look, and either look away, or give some evil snarl, kinda like they think I think I'm too good. Not every woman is out on a hunt. That is more of a man thing. This issue trangresses all color lines. Believe it or not, I see most brothers on my side of town look for the video type, when they can't get that, they go for the browner type, or a white girl. If the tables were turned, what would brothers do?

True, men do it too I guess, but my point is that there doesn't seem to be a crisis around these parts. I never hear or see any women saying that there aren't any men. On the contrary, I hear them complain that they can't go anywhere without being harrassed. Maybe a lot of brothas don't have the best rap when it comes to women, but that does not mean that he will not treat you right and be better than his attempt to get your attention. I just wonder how many women have trouble finding a single man, or finding a single man that fits a particular category.

Destee, if sistahs would stop assuming every criticism or opinion of a situation is woman bashing, maybe a lot of these problems would not exist. Like I said, the point of my post was to point out that I DON'T SEE this crisis, as many other people have pointed out. I can speak on whether I believe a situation exist or not, unless this thread was opened in order to give women a haven where they can express their "problem" without a solution. My solution is that there is no problem as far as there being no men. My solution is that the selection process is the thing that's contributing to this "crisis". Now, I understand that women probably hate when the solution has to come from within, but hey, that's tough. Maybe that's why there has been no solution, because that's the one place many women fail to look. I'm looking at the particular trees that I see Destee, because that's all we can go by. Unless you want me to start speculating and generalizing?

Destee said:
No Sister ... the question is getting "a" man.

If, for example, there are 3.7 million Black Men in America between the ages of 16-35.

And there are 4.5 million Black Women in American between the ages ages of 16-35.

There's simply not enough to go around.

I realize we all have our personal preferences, and we could bog this thread down with that kind of talk, what we individually find acceptable in a Brother ... but i'd like to exclude that for the sake of this discussion ... and assume (for a moment) that a Black Woman would take whatever Black Man is available, some would still be left out

It's that specific issue that this thread is speaking to, asking in it, what do those Sisters do?

What acceptable alternatives can we provide for these Sisters?

:heart:

Destee

I never mentioned any specific preferences for men, other than the whole black factor. I thought this thread was about getting black men. They are one category of men. If you just want "a" man, then the limited number of black men wouldn't bother you. You would just get "a" man: white, latino, asian, etc...However most of us want black men, who are only one category.

kente417mojo said:
Why is it that I have many female friends that are always telling me about some guy that was trying to get at them. Then I'll ask "Did you talk to him" and they'll look at me like "Hell no". I'll ask why and they always say something like "He was not cute" or something very superficial. Or they'll tell me about some dude complain because the guy won't stop asking her out or something like that. It seems to me that many women have no problem finding a man, but they want something to magically jump out at them the first time they meet a guy, instead of actually getting to know the man. Like I said, women may outnumber men, but I don't think there is some crisis that leaves so many black women lonely.

So men are different, and will date a woman they would specifically label "not cute" (or adjectives of a ruder nature)? I know many men who complain about black women not coming up to them, its the same situation. If you see a girl you like, who cares who talks to who first? If you want her, you will get to know her and not say "well, she just looked--but she didn't speak" or "all she said was hi, why didn't she ask for my information". I know many black men who complain about such things, so women aren't totally to blame for not knowing each other.

Sanaiah25 said:
I thought this thread was about getting black men. They are one category of men. If you just want "a" man, then the limited number of black men wouldn't bother you. You would just get "a" man: white, latino, asian, etc...However most of us want black men, who are only one category.

Sister Sanaiah ... my bad ... i thought everyone knew i meant Black Men ... "a" Black Man.

Gosh ... no other men even came to my mind.

Sanaiah25 said:
the trouble expressed in this thread isn't in getting "a" man, but a certain category of man. :hiya:

When you said "a" man vs "a certain category of man" ... i thot you meant "a Black Man" vs "a Black man in any of the many categories he may fall in" ... other races have absolutely no place in my hope for this discussion. Just us. Black People. Black Men. Black Women. My point was, i didn't want to divide the whole up, into categories of Black Men ... as it really serves no purpose in this particular discussion.

Does this make it clearer? Sorry for any confusion.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back