Black Relationships : If Black Women Outnumber Black Men ...

Sekhemu said:
I don't know about other racial groups but for whites, it's probably for some of the same reasons you see more black people are villified by the white media. They want the world to think that being white means being right.

I agree Brother Sekhemu ... the media does put our negative stuff on the front page, evening news, etc., much more often than they do others.

:heart:

Destee

kente417mojo said:
I really don't see this problem. I don't know if it's just blown out of proportion or what. I think that IF you want a man and know how to keep a man, then you'll have a man. Plus, with the increase in divorce, some of these men are getting recycled anyways, so every woman should have a chance.:lol:

did you say "a" man or a "black" man? :pc:

Hi Destee!

Sorry...I kinda half read, so we can shelf number 1 for now. However, number 2 may still need consideration....especially since "availability" has often been linked to how much moolah a brotha has.

Polygamy....hmmm....or hmmf...depends on the circumstances I suppose. I'd definitely have to look into the history of how that institution came about.

panafrica said:
I'm not necessarily saying that black women complain more, I feel that a media propaganda has been generated to create a panic among black women (and too many have bought into it). The reality is that this trend (women outnumbering men) is true for all races. What are the solutions? I honestly do think that polygamy is an option for those financially and emotionally able. Polygamy isn't sharing, it is marriage between a man and two or more women. If a man is married to all, that definately would not be considered cheating. Besides this, many of these women might be lesbian, in jail, infected with fatal diseases, or already involved (all the factors women list to make men unavailable). These factors will reduce the competition.

Brother Pan ... you did imply that Black women complain more, but i'll let you off the hook on that one. Propaganda implies that it is not true. Are you saying there may not be any truth to this disparity?

I understand what polygamy means, but you suggested we do what White women are doing, and share. I was asking, assuming that sharing means cheating, if this is an acceptable alternative.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back